Love or Hate situation

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 General Discussion' started by XENONOX, April 5, 2011.

1. XENONOX

XENONOX New Member

When I play, I mostly get two types of player base:

1. I get love, who are people who wants to play with me (which usually results in stack teams, but that's not the point)
    2. I get hate, who are people who wants to play against me (and I get stacked against, indefinitely I will lose, but I play it out anyway and leave after the inevitable result appears on screen)

Sometimes you just can't play with all those people who love you, or hate you, and it certainly feels like I'm being judged all the time, as I've receive plenty of message about.

Does this happen to other people too?

Because I'm only just a dude who plays pub games for fun and I'm not a full-time geisha to satisfy every men I've encountered.

I do play minesweeper competitively though, so let me know if you want to spar sometimes.

Amen.
  2. dadale1990

dadale1990 Member

We got a situation.
    [​IMG]
  3. ExT Insanity

ExT Insanity New Member

Not as bad as you have it but every time I join a pub, I'm either terribly bad or a try-hard. Many hate messages of both. There's no "decent" or "good'". Just try-hard or bad. But I've accepted it now so it's fine with me.
  4. XENONOX

XENONOX New Member

I'm talking more about "OMG it's XENONOX I WANNA PLAY WITH YOU" or "OMG it's XENONOX I WANNA DESTROY YOU" that kind of people.

That's the kind of love and hate I am talking about.

Amen.
  5. ExT Insanity

ExT Insanity New Member

Oh. Nope, none of that.
  6. th3cozy

th3cozy New Member

It's the same for anyone with a jackbot next to their name. You want to play with them to see how good of a teammate they actually are and you want to play against them to see how good of a slayer they actually are. But I'm only really impressed if they don't play assault.
  7. JON10395

JON10395 New Member

False.
    I would like to take this opportunity to state that I just got my Jackbot last night. :cool:

If it makes you feel better Xeno, I am neither of the two types of people you listed. If I fall into one of your matches, I say "Oh hey, it's Xenonox." then I prepare for a beating, and I usually get one, then I move on to another lobby before the matchmaking puts me on your team and everyone gets bored or angry (depending on what team they are on).

I feel for ya though. I'm sure it sucks to be a pub star. :(
  8. Swamp Tony

Swamp Tony New Member

If i see you, i usually leave the room
  9. TOM12121112

TOM12121112 New Member

just throwing it out there:
    the time i killed and taunted you the other day is because there was no way on earth i should have survived that situation.

except for the fact that you make noobs run RoF/Acc?Crit, i <3 xeno.
  10. Jraw20

Jraw20 New Member

Dude, all I get are people who whine about my playstyle. Especially when I do really good sniping or any other class. No matter what I do, people are always bitchin. I understand what the 2nd half of your post is though. All I have are haters. No one wants to play with the JRaw anymore. /shrug. Moar pub stomping for me I guess. :lol:
  11. XENONOX

XENONOX New Member

Don't worry, there never was any hard feelings haha.

This is base on a different issue.

Lately there have been several games where people would just sit in their spawn room because it's "me" and just wouldn't come out the spawn spot.

I get messages telling how much they look up to me, but then just plays like pussycats and would only play if they are paired up with me. It's like they're afraid to lose or even die.

It's annoying. I'm sure F5in can tell you all about it too.

It's nice to know there are people like Jon_Numbers and Tom, who plays for fun, like Deadpool and Starpilot.

Other people... not so much.

The point is, even I get destroyed once in a while, but I don't hide in my spawn and ***** out to keep my high K/D. I go out and duke it out with everything I got, even if it the situation looks impossible. The taste of defeat will only allow me to appreciate hard-earned victories when the matches do arise.

I admire a lot of players, whether they are new or veterans. The players that I despise the most are the ones that refuse to play (hopefully no one brings in any story that would make me look hypocritical haha).

/rant

Amen.
  12. JackTrips

JackTrips New Member

I LURV YOU XENO.

Also, I will take you up on your minesweeper competition. My best score is 104 seconds on expert.

I am not sure what that time is in Chinese. :D
  13. Govnerplatypus

Govnerplatypus New Member

There's only one person that is like that, he's on the forums as well.

But Xeno, you got people scared shitless about you over the internet. o_O damn.

If you don't want that to happen, try making one of those free xbox live accounts for a month and play with a different gamertag and see how people respond then?
  14. JackTrips

JackTrips New Member

Then people will call him a Xeno fanboy. :D

It would be funny to record a bunch of games under a new name, then put them on youtube all at the same time, including all the hatemail you get. I would click 'like' about 1000 times.
  15. XENONOX

XENONOX New Member

Oh my. My time is like 342 haha, but I've been training hard so I'll get better.

My brother is like 60ish seconds on expert and like 10 seconds on easy. I should ask him his records.

I did, and people rage at me like there's no tomorrow.

///edit

I'll admit though, playing on a new account has allow me to play more games without people quitting on me and I am no longer getting juice-targeted. Also, the other forum people don't know about the new gamertag so they don't see to try and kill me either haha, as much anyway.

But it does end up to be more personal matches though since people don't like to idea of losing to a Lv 3 assault.

Amen.
  16. JackTrips

JackTrips New Member

Remember to consider the metagame. Are single left clicks truly more efficient than the surrounding squares clearing L+R click? Practice, my friend.

Also, I hate all level 3 assaults, and constantly juice target them.
  17. hawkshade

hawkshade New Member

Why would they get out of spawn if what awaits them is a player with juice?
  18. XENONOX

XENONOX New Member

Youtube please.

Amen.
  19. HazeTheRipper

HazeTheRipper New Member

simpel fact ppl love or hate u cuz u famous at mnc i also like to Play aginst or with u even even when my connection will be bad and the main reason i want it cuz it seems u a funny guy
  20. engnrurfaceoff2

engnrurfaceoff2 New Member

I enjoy playing with people who actually have mic's and want to have a conversation during a game. That is the nice thing about the people in these forums, the majority of them will have a conversation while playing.