Longshot turrets on SteelPeel map

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 Feedback and Issues' started by Flamesaw, August 12, 2010.

1. Flamesaw

Flamesaw New Member

The longshot turrets shoot their rounds into the walls, is this supposed to happen?
  2. SaberJ

SaberJ New Member

There needs to be a way to take down a turret if you personally built it. But since everyone can contribute to it, I guess that's not feasible.
  3. Flamesaw

Flamesaw New Member

and friendly destruction would lead to D-bags destroying friendly turrets just for the sake of being a D-bag

it is annoying though when someone throws up a shaveice on the nub you were going to use for a longshot at the very start of a game
  4. SaberJ

SaberJ New Member

That's why I said that you should only be able to take down the turrets that you put up yourself. In a case where a turret isn't working the way you envisioned it. Or in a case where you built a type of turret and someone came along and decided to make every single turret the exact same type.

But it would be an issue taking down a turret others helped pay for. Not to mention, people could take down turrets that were under fire in order to save from needing to wait for the scrap metal husk to clear away. It's probably not a good idea, but I wish there was something.
  5. Kinarion

Kinarion New Member

Long shot turrets should just be disabled on this map until this is fixed.

The back turret nub hits the cat walk above, and the two forward turrets hit the wall over the stadium. People who don't know or don't care are making their team's work more difficult by taking up a spot for more useful turrets.

So far I've only been with one group that communicated well enough to figure this out and stop placing them. I don't think the burden should be on pugs to suss it out in a new game like this.
  6. Archangel

Archangel New Member

People dont seem to think that the Longshot will be limited by buildings around them. They always build Longshots in Blitz right next to the front wall where it cant fire forward, or theu build it under the cat walk where it cant shoot long ranged.
  7. tim

tim Uber Alumni

Just as class choice will vary depending on which map is being played, the decision-making for which turret type to build is meant to vary strategically for each for each map type, and each location within a given map. For example, it doesn't make sense to build a shave ice turret in a low-traffic area, or to build a long-shot turret near obstructions. People will sort it out, and better coordination will evolve.
  8. tlbww

tlbww New Member

Want a way to ruin a game? Have someone pump out cheap longshots at your base on this map.

Disable longshots please. They are my favorite but no one will try to keep them on that map. Just a waste.
  9. Flamesaw

Flamesaw New Member

So for clarification (from a dev please) the longshots hitting walls is intentional?
  10. Proven

Proven New Member

It sounds like it was. Just another thing to learn about a map. I'm annoyed because I was trying a defensive strategy where I protect two long shot turrets alone with my Firebase, and it worked wonders until I realized that one of the longshots was level 3 and couldn't fire over that lip. Didn't get destroyed the whole match (I kept that lane locked down anyway), but we still lost thanks to lack of money and firepower.
  11. scathis

scathis Arbiter of Awesome Uber Alumni

A major part of the game is the team's base defense strategy. The maps provide different strategies of turret building.

That said, long shots will fire at a low arc when things get close to them so they can be effective when bots get close to the base.

Learning how to adjust strategies for the map your on is one of the keys to becoming a better player. There is no one 'uber strat' that works for every map.
  12. l3g1t

l3g1t Member

wait...I thought having Logan was the uber strat...he seems to work every map!