LoL?

Discussion in 'Unrelated Discussion' started by Banditz, August 5, 2010.

1. Banditz

Banditz New Member

Ive been trying to get into LoL lately, seeing it being thrown around on the forums every so often, and it looks like a lot of fun. But, I've never played DotA, or very many RTSs for that matter, so im almost completely lost, and learning the ins and outs of all the characters seems impossible, especially since theyre still adding more :(. Ive maybe played only 1-2 matches, cus of the constant lag on this laptop.

Anyways, I just wanna see what your opinions are of the game.
  2. Col_Jessep

Col_Jessep Moderator Alumni

I played the LoL beta for a few hours but I didn't like the last-hitting and denying of creeps. It turned the whole game into a clickfest. Many competitive players think it adds depth to the game but I find it annoying. The heroes had pretty bland abilities imo and the graphics, well, don't get me started...

Demigod is a much better game imo but unfortunately it had a lot of connectivity problems at release and the community was rather small. Stardock never added all the features a great, competitive online title would need though. A shame really, Scathis and o developed a great game concept imo. You can download and play the demo on Impulse. I'm not sure if you can find a lot of other players online these days. The AI is too weak to stay interesting for long.
  3. Hildogen

Hildogen New Member

I am a pretty heavy LoL player. I play several hours a week and love the game. Judging a game after only a few ours during the beta doesn't really seem like a fair opinion (there is no denying for the record). The game is definitely a lot harder for new players to get into since there are so many heroes/combinations now. There are far more heroes now than there were in beta, as well as more abilities. But as Col says, the game involves a large amount of clicking.

Demigod was fun, but I don't think it holds a candle to league (no offense Scathis). To me, i felt demigod was slower paced and much less strategic. Not sure how it is now, but when i played it there were much less heroes than there were in league. Something i loved though was the way that skill trees worked for your champion, also you had the ability to buff your building/creeps.
  4. The Reaver

The Reaver New Member

I'm a very heavy LoL player. It really isn't that hard to get used to. Basically, you just need to play until you know what all of the heroes can do, which sounds a lot harder than what it actually is. After that, you're basically a god at the game.

It's not a difficult game.
  5. cazoofoo

cazoofoo New Member

I played the Beta and played for a few months after but then I realised how much koney I wasted on it and how I didnt really like it all that much anyway, plus everybody is a total douche online and has a terrible community...

Although Heimerdinger FTW!!!
  6. The Reaver

The Reaver New Member

Lol, yeah, people can be bad, but that's why you just report them and move on. The community isn't actually that bad in comparison to HoN's.
  7. l3g1t

l3g1t Member

As with Hildogen and Reaver, I too am a pretty heavy LoL player. It really isn't too hard to get into and it only gets more fun the better you get.

Me and Hildogen play periodically (I believe we played yesterday...or the day before) and its even more fun with friends. I will however say without a doubt, MNC will be pulling me away from LoL for quite sometime (hopefully).
  8. NExNinjamiN

NExNinjamiN New Member

I love LoL. It completely dominates HoN since HoN is tougher to get good at when everyone that plays it came from DotA. I must say that no matter what anyone thinks Garen is the best damage dealer without a doubt.
  9. MLGIntervention

MLGIntervention Active Member

Add me Choasff7.
  10. OfficerFuttBuck

OfficerFuttBuck Active Member

Master grave digger.