Log Error Hunting Questions

Discussion in 'Mod Discussions' started by bsergent, June 8, 2015.

1. bsergent

bsergent Active Member

Ok so I'm trying to get a unit in my mod to show up again after an attempt to update shadowed files to their newest versions and it's not working, so rather than trying to solve that one problem I'm trying to solve problems generally, and so I've opened my log and I want to get rid of the various errors.

First error is this, and I get a massive list of them:
    Code:
    [11:12:22.825] INFO Caching boot.js & boot.css
    [11:12:22.825] ERROR Error reading C:\Users\Innomen\AppData\Local\Uber Entertainment\Planetary Annihilation\client_mods\com.pa.DeathByDenim.dFavouriteColour\ui\main\_i18n\locales\dev: 3

That "\ui\main\_i18n\locales\dev: 3" is identical at the end of all the errors in that block. How would I fix that?
  2. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

You don't, that's Uber's bug and it's harmless.
    @sorian Why is the client log spitting out harmless errors about not finding directories that it shouldn't be worried about the lack of existence of? (Such sentence very grammar wow)

Look for the errors outside of that nonsense. If you send me the clientlog I'd be able to help track down where it's bugging out.
  3. wondible

wondible Post Master General

Defaulting to the 'dev' locale was a relatively recent change. Do you have that directory in your main PA install? I'm puzzled why it would be trying to look in a mod directory though.
  4. Sorian

Sorian Official PA

Don't know. I don't do much on the client.
  5. bsergent

bsergent Active Member

@stuart98
    Ahh ok. And thanks. Here's my client log:

http://pastebin.com/GQkg6t27

(upload a file has never worked for me)

@wondible

Yes I have this directory:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Planetary Annihilation\media\ui\main\_i18n\locales\dev
  6. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

"
    [11:12:39.141] ERROR Error opening struct ToolSpec spec "/pa/units/land/air_defense_adv/air_defense_adv_tool_weapon)missile.json", file failed to load
    [11:12:39.141] ERROR Unable to load tool spec: /pa/units/land/air_defense_adv/air_defense_adv_tool_weapon)missile.json"
    That's a typo in the air_defense_adv.json I'd asssume?

That's the only obvious error that I found. Can you send a server log? (They're in the directory above the log directory).

What exactly is broken?
  7. bsergent

bsergent Active Member

I swear that typo isn't my fault lol. I didn't even touch that file when I shadowed the directory. All I did was change the range and target layers.

When I opened it it wasn't formatted.

The only errors in the server log are the ones that you just mentioned. The typo one. I fixed the typo.

The problem right now is I can't get my cruise missile to show back up among the basic aircraft.

I added the file to the unit list and the build, but I think I got that number which tells where to draw the build icon wrong. Do you know what that number means?

Code:
    "/pa/units/air/air_cyclops/air_cyclops.json": ["air", 15],
    Like 15 what? Pretty sure that's where I screwed up.

I'm glad I can ignore all those other errors hehe. Saves me work I guess :)
  8. killerkiwijuice

killerkiwijuice Post Master General

live_game_build_bar.js has two variables right at the top of the document.ready function. These two variables limit the total number of units allowed on a build bar to 15. So that number is the panel number on the build bar.

Now, this might seem like the number 15 is fine in build.js, but actually the index of the object is from 0-14. Zero is counted as an index value in javascript.

So you either need to increase the variables or keep those numbers in build.js under 15.
    bsergent likes this.
  9. bsergent

bsergent Active Member