Lobby improvement ideas

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by daveinblue, November 19, 2013.

1. daveinblue

daveinblue New Member

Hi All,

I feel the lobby is lacking in some pretty basic options.

Here's my idea for some minor but important improvements:

- All team chat in the lobby, the same as in the game (hold shift to type in team/orange chat). Italicizing or differing the colour of team mates would also help in the lobby chat. Allows for early strategy talk and origination,
    - Adding ping, mute and kick options in the lobby for better lobby/user management. Self explanatory.
    - Adding a launch button, so the game only starts when the lobby creator presses the button. Would prevent the game being started accidentally with AI instead of waiting for that final person to show up.
    - Adding a display box which live updates the other games available. This allows for quick viewing and changes between lobbies. It will mean that if a game that appeals to you more is started, you're not missing out and would be especially helpful in making those "should I stay or should I go" decisions.

Very rough sketch up:
    [​IMG]

More ideas and/or improvements welcome.

Cheers
    Faith
  2. brianpurkiss

brianpurkiss Post Master General

The lobby is under developed. I think everyone knows that.

Improvements will be made to the lobby, but other things like optimization and gameplay have a higher priority.

Nice ideas though.
  3. daveinblue

daveinblue New Member

I didn't o_O

Naturally. I'm not saying they should be done right now ahead of everything else, just sparking debate and getting ideas out there so things aren't missed when it comes time to tackle the lobby.