List of bugs in Build 71378

Discussion in 'Support!' started by liltbrockie, August 28, 2014.

1. liltbrockie

liltbrockie Active Member

Seeing as there is nothing official yet I will start this thread

- first 2 team games I played crashed half way through, UI still ok just the sim froze
    - I was on a metal planet and couldnt build one of the catalyts ... the blue print would not turn white.
  2. brianpurkiss

brianpurkiss Post Master General

My middle click to move the camera doesn't work anymore and a lot of my customized keyboard shortcuts were changed.
  3. liltbrockie

same here but i wouldnt call that a bug
  4. brianpurkiss

brianpurkiss Post Master General

Middle click to move camera not working would be a bug.

And resetting shortcuts is also a bug. Yeah, I change them back, but they shouldn't have been changed in the first place.
    liltbrockie likes this.
  5. liltbrockie

yeah i guess
  6. SXX

SXX Post Master General

Few noticed problems related to Catalyst:
    • Metal spot generated near where it's have to be placed so in case full planet MEX build used it's have to be cancelled to build it.
    • Some buildings placed near spot cause inability to built it. After Catalyst constructed it's possible to place them on this place again and there no issue about that.
    • Builders like to go into it.
    Though not that many problems I seen.
  7. SXX

SXX Post Master General

It's might be intended...
  8. gerii

gerii Member

Fabbers could not find their way to the place where they should build the next Catalyst. Had to manually direct them near the building place.
    First shot with the laser was fine, however on my second try it wouldn't fire on a moon which was relatively close to the metal planet.
    Edit: Still fails when I want to view my own replays.

Attached Files:

Last edited: August 28, 2014
    SXX likes this.
  9. Clopse

Clopse Post Master General

The build does not like you pressing cntrl alt f11 a second time before the view has changed. Crashed 3/3.
  10. sookrispy

sookrispy Active Member

-You cannot put avengers or any units on patrol on a gas giant, they seem to spread for a few seconds then just stop.

-Normally, you can set a rallye point from an orbital factory to another planet, but you cannot to a gas giant.
  11. websterx01

websterx01 Post Master General

pa 2014-08-28 16-31-32-70.jpg
    After destroying the planet with the metal laser, the ghosts are still there. I'll bug tracker it soon, just wanted a good image too. (I have images of all of the ctrl + p if needed)
  12. SXX

SXX Post Master General

It's looks like something that can be intended limitation. I successfully annihilated two planets (not on my orbit) and it's worked fine.

Other bug found: for me (Linux) on 1920x1200 there is vertical scrolling on main menu screen. Likely due to some broken HTML where version number have to be.
  13. SXX

SXX Post Master General

Please wait a bit before build goes stable. This one is PTE for now and who knows might be Uber already fixed some of issues.
  14. popededi

popededi Well-Known Member

I've had a few sim freezes and one CTD.

I've had issues queuing up catalysts. Sometimes fabbers just stopped after finishing one. Also, when a bunch of fabbers are selected and ordered to build one, the little icon of the catalyst seems to display the number of fabbers building it.

Also, although not a bug, I'd love if metal planets could target celestial bodies that are being moved by halleys.

Edit: Also, when I go to replays and select "My Games Only" I consistently get a Failed to retrieve replay list error and a bump to the main menu.

Edit 2: Area nuking a planet full of trees. Out of some 9 nukes, only one ignited the trees around the blast area. I think nukes should always start fires. pleasepleaseplease.

Edit 3: There are some quirks in building catalysts. Even if the mesh snaps into place, the build will only be confirmed if the cursor is over buildable land. If the cursor is up the second half of the catalyst mesh over otherwise not buildable land, the build won't confirm.

Edit 4: Excellent solution to the awkward situation of vaporising a planet that has moons: the metal planet will target one of the moons if the orbited planet is selected by player. Not nevessarily self explanatory, but elegant.
    Last edited: August 28, 2014
  15. CryFisch

CryFisch Member

In 2 of 2 games, the ai ignored other planets. Obly builds on the starting planet.

Looping nuke above enemy commander
  16. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

Engineer1234 likes this.
  17. ace63

ace63 Post Master General

Once you order a stingray to attack a tree (just wanted to check the animation) and order it to stop afterwards it won't stop firing, but instead fires the missiles straight up into space.
  18. gerii

gerii Member

If it's intended, it shouldn't even be possible to target it. The first moon I annihilated was on my orbit just a bit farther away. I then tried an earth planet on another planet which also worked fine.
    On 1920x1080, there's no scrolling in the main menu.
  19. forrestthewoods

forrestthewoods Uber Alumni

Good thread. Keep it goin' guys. Thanks.
    Remy561 likes this.
  20. liltbrockie

There's a bug with the victory announcement repeating once you win
    Remy561 and tehtrekd like this.