[Linux] stuck selecting spawn

Discussion in 'Support!' started by dangert, August 13, 2014.

1. dangert

dangert New Member

When creating a game (both galactic war and a vs AI multiplayer game have this issue), it gets stuck in the spawn selection UI. I can click a spawn location however much I like, after a certain time-out I spawn in the center of the first spawn location anyway. The spawn select UI does not disappear at this point, and it is impossible to select the commander or build anything. During spawn select there is also no UI for switching planets, nor is there a menu to exit the game. These remain absent after the commander spawns.

I'm running PA through Steam on a Ubuntu 14.04 system with nvidia drivers through optimus. My launch settings are `primusrun %command% --software-ui` -- this worked in earlier builds (haven't played in ~ 2 months though). Without "--software-ui" I can't even use the main menu (no mouse pointer seems to be the main problem - I can tab through and get to the lobby, but I can't add an AI with just the keyboard so I can't launch a game). On the intel graphics the game runs much slower and I get the same problem.

I have tried validating the game files (they're OK) and switching to PTE (no change).

Edit: forgot to mention, the UI *is* responsive to my clicking within the spawn areas, and I can see a small red circle oscillating where I wanted to spawn.
  2. peewee1000

peewee1000 Member

This is wrong forum to post this, but yeah, I have the same problem.
  3. SXX

SXX Post Master General

It's known UI crash (PA#2392). Unfortunately there nothing you can do about that at moment. :(
    thelordofthenoobs and tatsujb like this.
  4. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

wow @SXX, way to cheer him up ^⁼^ /kidding
  5. dangert

dangert New Member

Sorry for posting in the wrong forum, didn't see the support one for some reason, although I did look around...

Thanks for the responses, glad to know I'm not the only one experiencing this problem and that there is already a bug report for it.
    cdrkf likes this.