[Linux] Regression: Framerate crashes when paning camera

Discussion in 'Mac and Linux' started by narwhalofages, June 9, 2015.

1. narwhalofages

narwhalofages New Member

Hello everyone,

I have posted about this issue previously in the Steam Community for the game, but SXX suggested that I post here as well. Ever since the update a few weeks ago that killed multiplayer for a while (thank you thank you for the hotfix guys!) I've been experiencing crippling framerate dips whenever I try to move the camera on screen. Turning the in game FPS counter on shows the dips, and that when the viewport isn't moving it is pegged solid at 60 FPS. Turning off the in game UI makes no difference, nor does turning down to minimum graphical settings. Using the arrow keys to move around however, has zero frame rate issues. After some parallel troubleshooting, Steam user Sigz found a workaround; changing the polling rate of your mouse to 250 or lower seems to make the issue disappear. (This is hardly an ideal solution to this regression, but it is presented to help people continue playing in the mean time and potentially assist in hunting down the source of the bug.)

Can anyone else confirm this is happening to them with mouse polling rates above 250Hz?

Relevant links with more details:
    EDIT:
    Apparently as a new user I cannot post links that aren't whitelisted. If anyone needs the links, please PM me.
    My original Steam discussion (includes videos and hardware information):
    <posted under the same username in the Steam discussion 'Bug Tracking!' for PA>
    User leszek.hanusz's Steam discussion (where the workaround was posted):
    <posted under the same username in the Steam discussion 'Bug Tracking!' for PA>
    BugTracker ID# 4389
    SXX likes this.
  2. SXX

SXX Post Master General

3. narwhalofages

narwhalofages New Member

Quick update: Problem persists in today's Release Build 82834, despite the rather lengthy patch list.
  4. n00n

n00n Active Member

250hz (Wacom tablet):
    [​IMG]

500hz (Razer Lachesis mouse):
    [​IMG]
  5. crizmess

crizmess Well-Known Member

Look at the time used in DispatchEvents.
    It seems like there is something a bit messed up, when it comes to handling mouse events.