Linux Dedicated Server?!

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Dedicated Server Discussion' started by owned, January 30, 2011.

1. owned

owned New Member

hi there can anyone tell me if they plan to make linux bins in the future for this game for a dedicated server!? i really don't want to install wine on my server to run this server i would much rather is support it without it!! so please can anyone tell me when or if they will ever support it!

but yea please make linux bins for your dedicated server thank you!!
  2. racquemis

racquemis New Member

that question has been answered before, i think ekanaut gave a response to that also, not quite sure what he said. try search the forum for it.
  3. Ekanaut

Ekanaut Uber Alumni

This is something that we need to look into. We run on Unreal 3 and would need to make sure it's compatible with a non wine setup.
  4. owned

owned New Member

ok thanks for the response im really hoping the linux bins are possible :D
  5. NeoShader

NeoShader New Member

6. grimbar

grimbar New Member

7. kaskull

kaskull New Member

Well first of all, sorry for my english xd.
    Then congratulations to all people because this game is CooL.
    Finally, we need servers for linux machines, i want a server for my community, but i'm using linux. I love this game please we needed fastest.
  8. RagnosUTzone

RagnosUTzone New Member

Hi Everybody,

I know this LinuxDedicated-Discussion from Epic's UT3 aswell...

If Uber got the whole Access on the UE3-SourceCodes they should got the (very very VERY) bugged UE3-LinuxServer-Codes. It was a fight to the death to get this Server for UT3, but in the first days it doesnt run that smooth like a WinBased Dedicated. Later, they got this solved somehow... On the other side, there wasn't any updates for years, i guess if some developers will get some coffees and start to work on this it shouldnt be a problem. (Especially if theres no Microsoft paying for XBox-Exclusive-Title's and Anti-Linux-Politics... damn this Engine runs on iOS! _ )

Regards,
    Ragnos, UTzone.de

P.S.: Don't blame Uber if they didnt get this running... Blame Epic's Pro-Console_Anti-PC's politics... :evil:
  9. D-ONE

D-ONE New Member

Just a message to the devs. A lot of the best server operators are running dedicated servers on linux, wont get into discussing why but its a fact. If you want the game you have spent so much time working on to last it will rely on having good servers to play on, this makes releasing linux binaries very important in that. Ask around other communities and see what the best developers or modders work with. Please state your case to whatever high hats are blocking them being released if what Ragnos said is indeed the case. As it will be no good for anyone.
  10. FlyveHest

FlyveHest New Member

Linux support for UT3 was postponed, postponed, postponed and then finally cancelled this december.

Chances for dedicated server support for MNC is slim to none, decidedly in nones favour, this is sad, as its much easier running deds on Linux, but, this is not Ubers fault, but Epics.
  11. Llamatron

Llamatron New Member

afaik they did release linux server binaries since a while, it's just the client that has never been ported to linux.
  12. FlyveHest

FlyveHest New Member

Yes, but that was not done by Epic, but some entity called icculus (and I actually thought the project was abandoned, but I can see that you actually can download a 2.1 server, including Titan Pack)