Level 3 Rokkit Turrets, how many do you see and........

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 General Discussion' started by Rolo, October 15, 2010.

1. Rolo

Rolo New Member

........do you think we should see more? What would everyone think about Uber lowering the cost to upgrade them. Discuss.
  2. PohTayToez

PohTayToez New Member

Given the increased money rewards in the patch, I would say that the cost of level 3 rocket turrets is fine. If anything it's too low.
  3. Rolo

Rolo New Member

Too low? Maybe people just aren't making them then. I can't remember ever seeing a level 3 in crossfire.
  4. MootPinks

MootPinks New Member

The defensive game never seems to work, unless your team has perfected the turtle-then-juice-rush. Building and babysitting a lvl 3 Rockit takes up a lot of $ and at least two defenders to keep it safe. Two supports with firebases deployed inside the home base plus overhealed rockits IS hard to deal with, but the attacking team has the advantage of being 6 on 4 elsewhere in the arena. Their base remains relatively untouched and they have the freedom to plan their attack on the turtling team.

Save the money for two juice rushes and attack the enemy base instead would be me advice.
  5. Manouso

Manouso New Member

I've seen a few on my team and I've made a few myself.
    As for the other team, very rarely. Of course I just got my 2500 rockit destruction title ;)

I think most of the time there have been supports in the base.
    Sometimes they were just so pushed back and I had excess money it was just funny to see em built.
    Hell, one game we had two 3.3's one 3 and a 2. (plus lazer blazers) I was on base defense and I think it was bolt and rueben on offense on my team. between the three of us we just built the nastiest base ever.

It is a shame a 1400 investment on one turret doesn't make it better than it is though. My opinion at least.
  6. Rolo

Rolo New Member

Damn, ya, nasty is a good word to describe that. :lol:

I just figured with the update making moneyball juice rushes a lil harder, it would up the importance of turrets helping defend.

@ Mootpinks, I hear what your saying, but if they made them a tad easier to upgrade, you wouldn't need all that "support". IDK, guess I'm tired of playing with less than a full team, only to have them all play TDM, leaving me to defend the base.
  7. Billy Rueben

Billy Rueben New Member

It costs a total of $1400 to get to a level 3 RockIt Turret. It costs $500 in juice to knock it down. Besides, a hacked level 3 LazerBlazer is great, and that only costs $175 total.

I think every turret other than the LazerBlazer is overpriced.
  8. Manouso

Manouso New Member

Yeah another thing that needs mentioning is a lot of people upgrade rockits to level 2 right when it hits OT so basically when they get juice rushed they're down crucial turrets while they're upgrading. A little before preparation before OT goes a long way.

And yes 3.3 blazers are king of the jungle. Low health but killing machines.
  9. Rolo

Rolo New Member

Ah, good points about $1400 to make and only $500 to take down. But wouldn't that be a good argument for Uber to lower the cost? I also think the Longshot is a lil pricey for a turret that can be killed easily.
  10. Billy Rueben

Billy Rueben New Member

I have been saying that the price should be lowered. Either they have read me stating that and are considering it, or they haven't seen it yet because I'm not making a total *** of myself trying to get what I want.

HEY UBER, COULD YOU PLEASE DROP WHATEVER FIXES YOU ARE WORKING ON AND GET THE PRICES OF TURRETS REDUCED. IF YOU DON'T DO WHAT I SAY, I'LL NEVER PLAY THIS GAME AGAIN.

There. Now I've got it all covered.
  11. rudigarmc

rudigarmc New Member

No, that will just get you banned.
  12. Billy Rueben

Billy Rueben New Member

13. tlbww

tlbww New Member

I think the bottom line is that they need to make turrets better. Hacking them seems to be a requirement to make them a monster. But few people make lvl 3 rockit turrets b/c AZAZN are at the top of the list to take them down when juice followed by everyone else. Turrets stop bots, but not players. The lazerblazer is one of the best ones.

I've made it my mission to spawn more lvl 3 rockits. I'm only able to do it on lazerazor as I make a crazy amount of money on that, and turrets can't be sniped from across the map.

Maybe shaveice's should do more than slow... Now that's a turret you would ever see lvl 3...or ever see. But I love em like fishsticks.
  14. DeadEye

DeadEye New Member

Turrets are to kill bots, and stupid kids. You need map control, otherwise one juiced person can take out most of your base
  15. Cheesecakecrush

Cheesecakecrush New Member

The problem is that most turrets don't fire on bots until the bots are firing on them, if they're not hacked. Base defense requires a support to hack important turrets if they're going to have any effect at all.

I do think the build/upgrade cost of the rock-it should be reduced to make them more obtainable, since the level three is the only one i've really been given problems with when trying to juice a base. I also think their target acquisition range should be identical to their firing range, maybe a bit farther, and have that range extended so that they will engage bots before the bots have a chance to fire (except the jackbot/gapshot, mega range on those O.O)
  16. Liefglinde

Liefglinde New Member

Aside from price, the single reason I prefer Lazers to Rockits is the fact that Lazers don't miss. I play Assassin a lot, and I actually dodge Rockits with ease. I don't want my Rockits shooting an Assassin they can't hit, so I make Lazers. $175 for that kind of power? Incredible. Granted a level 3 Rockit is incredible and can't be dodged, but $1400... I prefer Lazers, always will.

However, I WILL try to rebuild the two closest to the money ball. I prefer the extra defense there. I don't expect them to kill or even hurt other pros.
  17. Shammas

Shammas New Member

The best turret IMO is a 3.3 long shot on Ammo Mule. It kills all the bots and does a very good job of keeping people off the top. As long as your support heals it, it's well worth the investment.
  18. Unic0rnSunshine

Unic0rnSunshine New Member

Since I have a lot of money left over from upgrades on most of my classes, I usually build all the turrets I can, Rockits around the money ball, and mostly Shaveice/Lazer Blazer combos everywhere else.

Level 3 Rockits are phenomenal, but only when hacked.

Otherwise, they're just good damage soaks that you have to worry about a little less against a decent team.

I always go for the Level 3 Rockits, because it sends a sign to the enemy team of 'did we really let them build this :('
  19. Hiero Glyph

Hiero Glyph New Member

My favorite is watching the OT video of those 3.3 RockIt turrets with Juiced Pros standing next to them when the Moneyball is destroyed. Yeah, I guess you showed them. The simple truth is that the longer you play MNC the less money you spend on turrets as they are simply pointless against good players. Level 3 LazerBlazers are good enough for me; they are cheap and build really fast. $175 x 6 = $1,050, so for less than the cost of a single level 3 RockIt turret you can fill all 6 nodes with level 3 LazerBlazers.

If there was no Juice then yes, RockIt turrets would be great. As there is Juice and Uber feels that it is a very important part of their game then expensive turrets are simply a joke. The fact that you can purchase Juice simply makes expensive turrets even more pointless as a Pro can swith classes, buy Juice and wreck your turrets with ease. Sure the Sniper has a heck of a time destroying your turrets but when they switch to an Assassin, buy juice and then start attacking your turrets it is a very different story. The best part is that once they die they can simply switch back to their original class and have all of their skills ready to go again.

To me, RockIt turrets should be priced at 150/300/600. That is still $1,050 per level 3 but would make them much more functional overall without having them cost an additional $350 per turret.
  20. Intricasm

Intricasm New Member

Pretty much my thoughts. Although i'd also add that without a good support in your base, or when your team is full of kill-focused idiots, building anything other than Lazer/Longshots is completely pointless, because the turrets will die in about 10 seconds.