lets order the class's Top to Bottom

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Discussion' started by tinygod, February 17, 2011.

1. tinygod

tinygod New Member

This is NOT a hes OP or hes UP thread.. just ordering the class's in the order that you find them to be From best to worst..

IE: this is a personal thing.. who do you find to be the most powerful and the least

1) Assault -
    I feel like I can do no wrong with this class, I dont think ive ever lost a 1v1 fight, heck not even many 2v1 fights as an assault.

2) Tank -
    just a great class all around, the charge 3 is amazing..

3) Support -
    love this class, gotta play defensive, and pick your moments.. but soo good for team play

4) Assassin -
    I kick but at this class, but its not my flavor, so i tend to use it a lot less.. only pull it out when I really WANT to force a win.. by killing bots/turrets but very powerful, just low on my list because I don't like the style.

5) Gunner - Great class, many do well with it, but I get my but kicked most fights.. unles its just an unbalanced team matchup, than I clean up with sooooo many kills lol

6) Sniper - again, i'm sure hes a lot of peoples number 1's, but I dont like to snipe in this game.. and since I main assault, hes really not an issue for me, I just avoid them..

Thats my list, whats yours
  2. Decker87

Decker87 New Member

I would say:

1. Assault
    2. Assassin
    3. Sniper
    4. Support
    5. Tank
    6. Gunner

I think the heavy, slow classes are less powerful. Assassin gets a bad wrap because so many people play them horribly. But a seriously good assassin is very powerful. Bot killing, pro killing, escape.
  3. tinygod

tinygod New Member

I agree about SIN, shes amazing, I just dont like the game style.. I feel like i'm not "in the fight" even though I am.
  4. Arth

Arth New Member

1. (pve) assassin
    2. assault
    3. support
    4. gunner
    5. sniper
    6. (pvp) assassin
    7. tank
  5. BroTranquilty

BroTranquilty New Member

I think any class can be beat by any others. But...

I find the gunner most OP because of a certain glitch that he can do...

I find the sniper next, assuming the user is the most godly human player ever (or an aimbot)...

I find the assault next with his moneyball damage and easy access to moneyball (one needs to be nerfed, guess which makes sense?)
  6. Decker87

Decker87 New Member

What glitch?
  7. zarakon

zarakon Active Member

1. Tank
    People know the Assault as the jack of all trades, but to me that honor goes to the Tank. He tears up bots. Lv3 charge is great for killing pros. He's plenty competent against turrets (including firebases), even without juice. He does good moneyball damage.

2. Assault
    Would be #1 except for his severe lack of turret-killing power. Easy to sit around getting tons of pro and bot kills, but in the end that hardly matters if the enemy's Lv3 rockit turrets never go down.

3. Assassin
    A lot like the tank, but more fragile and less consistent.

4. Gunner
    Against bad players, I dominate harder with the gunner than any other class. But if the enemy team has a good sniper or a good assault out to get me, I can feel completely useless from the lack of mobility.

5. Support
    I usually do pretty well with support, but I still feel like my style is too aggressive for him. I have a bad habit of trying over and over to establish a forward firebase, but when it just isn't working out I end up going most of the game with no firebase and nothing hacked.. Shotgun OF DOOM, though.
  8. BroTranquilty

BroTranquilty New Member

Col. Jessep would slap my *** with a banhammer so hard, they would start calling me the shark because of the banhammerhead i'd have.
  9. poilk91

poilk91 New Member

1. Tank- can push a lane like none other and what he lacks in range he makes up for in stopping power. The drawback is assaults are almost impossible to kill as a tank and a gunner who is spun up will almost always kill you because of the slowing effect on his bullets

2. Support- So much damn fun. Can dominate lanes very well and cut off entire segments of the map.

3. Assassin- If you rape bot spawn, you basically have to TRY to lose. And besides flying around the map at breakneck speed is great fun

4. Gunner- Ez mode class- Point at bad guy click and hold down. Can clear lanes and turrets and the only decent counter to him is sniper. Which of course he can easily take out with 2 mortar shots. All around strongest class imo

5. Sniper- If your in the groove head shot after head shot is SUUUUPER satisfying

6. Assault - broken class. I play him far more frequently than sniper but he is by far the most frustrating. The worst implemented thing in MNC is the "charge" the trajectory of the person you hit is erratic and almost impossible to predict. YOUR trajectory is often erratic (sometimes stopping at the enemy, sometimes sliding past, sometimes sliding underneath somehow). And don't get me started on what happens when 2 people charge each-other, the outcome is completely random. Assault just adds one more peice to the charge that can fail, the grapple. FAAAAAR too often i will use my lvl 3 charge only to bump an enemy gently and not grapple. Most often this is with an assassin that just front grappled me. I dont want a class that i cannot depend on
  10. Mastah

Mastah New Member

I find it weird that no one puts Gunner first, when he's the one with the biggest DPS in the game :?

I'd say:

1/ Gunner (for the reason above)
    2/ Sniper
    3/ Tank
    4/ Assault
    5/ Sin
    6/ Support

Even though it's really hard to tell, because each class can be really powerful depending on the situation...

I begin to feel a bit annoyed by everyone saying Gunner is an easy mode class. In fact I totally disagree. If it is the case, then why most of the Gunners I see show really bad stats (bottom of scoreboard, and a lot of deaths)? I have only met 2 or 3 really good Gunners on the PC version, not more.
  11. PezD

PezD New Member

I gotta agree with you disagreeing (wait, what), I always see Gunners in the bottom of the scoreboard, moneywise and killwise. And when there's a very good Gunner (sometimes even me) he is destroying. Gunner might seem easy to pick up, but to master him and do it tiki-style, you really need to think.

To me the list is:
    1. Assault
    2. Tank/Gunner
    3. Tank/Gunner (just can't decide here)
    4. Support
    5. Sin
    6. Sniper.

When ever I play Assault I feel like I can do so much, that's why he is my no.1
  12. Llamatron

Llamatron New Member

1. Tank: Best mayhem generator of the game, and the ultimate noobkiller. (I love the fact it seems death blossom's damage been made so it exactly kills a squishy assassin with the last afterburn dot tick)

2. Sniper: Depends a bit on the other team and the map, but it can really do most of the work by itself, killing pros, bots and putting good pressure during base sieges. Also a good pedagogic tool to make tanks & gunners understand they should think carefully before choosing a place where they deploy.

3. Gunner: Because it's so easy to kill turrets with him, which are often the problem when playing in pubs (and also because pancakes are totally epic). It's also the second best mayhem generator with gold RoF mortar spam, one of the best area denial tools in game.

4. Support: Well, pretty much for the same turrets reason than the gunner, but from the other end of the stick. Also overhealing everyone and their grandmother is really a huge boost to the team, and... zomg point blank shotgun madness!

5. Assault: Good for deathmatching, but really meh when it comes to make your team win. He's only really usefull once the moneyball is down imo. Everything else he does, other classes can do better.

6. Assassin: Not my playstyle, not enough mayhem! And seeing so many people want to play it I almost never have the occasion to play it so I doubt I'll get the hang of it soon.

Really, like half the job of becoming a "good gunner" is understanding you should use your minigun only at short or medium range on pros, and spam mortar while jumping around the rest of the time. I guess the other half is situational awareness to not stand in snipers' LoS too much, and know when you have to switch to minigun because you anticipate someone coming for you as last second switch often does not much good. Also making sure your minigun is reloaded as often as possible so you don't have to reload during a fight, which means game over most of the time.
  13. PezD

PezD New Member

That already takes SOME thinking.

It's surprising how many people just take the class and spam their Minigun in middle of everything without using their Mortar or watching their back.
  14. Mastah

Mastah New Member

Minigun is amazing at long range with the proper endorsement, I get a lot of kills this way :)
  15. Arth

Arth New Member

does it have anything to do with the mortar by any chance ? :D
    or is that a other glitch
  16. Caliostro

Caliostro New Member

1 - Sniper

I should explain, that it's not that Sniper is inherently BETTER than other classes, it's just that I looooooooove sniping. And that "plink!" you get with each headshot is like doing heroine. Once you pop, you just can't stop... you know. To me, and without "downplaying" the other classes in any way, the really good snipers are the epitome of skill. It's just my thing, if you want to put it that way. There's something about being able to reach out across the battlefield and kill any target you want, like the very hand of death.

2 - Tie between Gunner and Assassin.

Both tremendous junk if played by bad players, and genocidal monsters if played by good players.

Gunners have the highest DPS in the game by far, being the only class that reaches 1000+ DPS (1700 with silver RoF), the second highest health, and an all around arsenal of destruction. It's just devastating. Once you do a "sweep" where you cut through 2 or 3 people in a row without spinning down or using juice you just wanna go "RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAW! I'M A FREIGHT TRAIN WITH LEGS! I'M A JUGGERNAUT! AN ATOMIC BOMB THAT WALKS LIKE A MAN!". It's a really complete class in the right hands. Devastating one on one at close to medium range, able to bombard players from cover, best turret destroyer, slam to wreck anything that comes close... It really is a one man genocide.

Assassins because of how you can simply outplay/outsmart other people. It also shares a bit of the sniper's "reach out and kill whomever you want", although through a diametrically opposed method. But mostly it's about how you can ghost around the battlefield and **** with everything. For example, I've done the following several times and it's just as awesome everytime:
    - Get someone's attention and make sure they go for you.
    - Walk under a bridge and around opaque cover, so they can't see you.
    - Smoke jump over the bridge and behind your enemy.
    - Backstab.
    - Laugh like it's going out of style.

This is especially useful against bad gunners that instantly spin up and slowly walk after you like they're playing follow the leader. A good assassin can kill people, bots and turrets, and if they're doing it very right, they'll do all these things and none but their targets will be the wiser. Feels good man. It's like you're playing a Predator.

These are my favorite 3 classes, and the ones I consistently get better results with. The next ones I CAN get very good results with, but I can just as easily mess up the whole round. It's not really the class, it's me.

-----------

3 - Tank

The Tank is a man of contradictions. It's a powerhouse at close range, and very competent at long range, but at medium range (that distance where the jetgun doesn't reach, and the railgun is outdamaged by other weapons) he's a bit screwed. His charge is devastating, almost always resulting in a kill, and the jetgun feels like you're using a plasma cutter on thin tin, which always feels good. Deathblossoming a large crowd of fodder is also surprisingly fun. The railgun is also deceptively powerful at long range, being bested only by the sniper rifle.

The product grenade is also hilarious to say the least. Kill people with spam! That said, I find it a bit hard to control properly, as you either get a direct hit or it'll bounce to the moon and back.

4 - Assault

Assault is a class that's very good in the right hands... But those aren't mine. One round I'll easily go 30/2 with him, and the next I'll be 9/15. I just haven't gotten consistent with it yet. It has a very devastating arsenal between arguably the best area of denial tool in the game (bomb), a quick one-on-one one upper (charge), and the ability to move better than any other class barring the assassin, and even so, arguably, because the assassin requires smoke jumping for some jumps the assault can do consistently without needing to wait for a skill cooldown.

It's a class that has a tool for every situation, but is generally bested at each particular situation by a specific class, and thus has to play to it's strength - quickly adapting to use whichever tactic the enemy can't respond to.

5 - Support.

I have a love/hate relationship with the support. Keep in mind I'm not the most "support" (the battlefield role) oriented person in the world though. I'm the guy that charges ahead of the troops, spearheading the attack. That said, I love playing support for how it can quickly shut off access to an area very thoroughly. The shotgun is about as rewarding as hitting someone's face with a sledgehammer (i.e.: very), and the sentry is an invaluable tool in the battlefield which can quickly tilt the favor of any encounter to your favor, turning any fight into a 2 vs 1. Also, ground zeroing people is one of the most hilarious things in this game. Specially when they panic.

I hate it because my effective range is about the same distance as you can spit, and outside of that I can't even poke people... Even a non-moving slim is safe. The only tool I have to deal with anything that's not in my face is the airstrike, which is tied to a rather lengthy cooldown. I'm not saying is underpowered, it isn't, I'm just saying that my playstyle often requires it to do something it can't, which annoys me.

Same reason some people say Sniper is the easiest class EVUR!!! then run around with 3/25 scores at the bottom of the board.
  17. Mail

Mail New Member

Single handedly the most entertaining description of the gunner I've ever read. Well done.
  18. Mastah

Mastah New Member

I couldn't have described it better, this is EXACTLY how I feel when I go on a killing spree :D RAAAAAAAAMPAAAAAGEEEE
  19. tinygod

tinygod New Member

Gunner < Assault for me

I feel like a monster when Assault.. I seriously can kill 4 or 5 at at a time using
    Gold armor, Silver Rof, Bronze Recharge

and I murder turrets with that build.. not as fast as a gunner, but i'm able to move around so quickly, its worth the loss of power..

Plus bomb/charge means you never die.

Gunners amazing, but only if you have a good team to support you, you cant do squat solo against compitent assaults.. theyll chase you down and charge/headcrab/ar burst you down so fast your tiki head will spin.. Gunner is a beast when hes firing from within a wave of pros and bots.. or when he has a support to watch his back..

Hes one of those class's that when on a bad team, will go 10/5 on a good day, but when on a good team, can easily go 30/2.

But my assault is usually alway 25/2.. like all day ..
  20. zarakon

zarakon Active Member

even though you're a dirtbag sniper, I enjoyed that line