Let's Get Ready to CEVO!

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Discussion' started by CEVOCelone, March 16, 2011.

1. CEVOCelone

CEVOCelone New Member

Howdy Monday Night Combatants!

For those of you who do not know me, I'm CEVO|Celone, a five year veteran of the CEVO Gaming League! CEVO is a league where tournaments are seasons are run for many popular games such as Counter-Strike, Counter-Strike Source, Condition Zero, all of the Call of Duty Series, Left4Dead 1 and 2, Team Fortress 2, League of Legends, Heroes of Newerth, Starcraft 2 and many, many more!

I am visiting you all today because I was told that there was interest in this community to have some fun tournaments and possibly some competitive seasons. I'm here to test the true interest the community has because if there is plenty, CEVO can offer multiple amenities such as an anti-cheat client, match scheduling system, dispute system, live Ventrilo support, offline ticket support, standings, and brackets for all events.

I look forward to seeing a great response from this community!
  2. Arcanum

Arcanum New Member

3. Pluberus

Pluberus New Member

I am very interested. However, I've never done any "real" competitive gaming, and I'm not sure how it works schedule wise.
  4. Vlane

Vlane New Member

Depends on the game. MNC would be very easy to handle though.
  5. Drex

Drex New Member

disregarding the negativity of that first comment, I wouldn't mind taking a crack at competitive MNC (although I have heard it's dying out really fast sadly). At least this way I know that teams will be competent enough to actually work as a team instead of the very wonky pubs that I've been encountering with the occasional 1-2 star players that really have no clue what they're doing :|
  6. Pluberus

Pluberus New Member

7. kingdom

kingdom New Member

Sadly the competivtive community for this game is currently placed in the XBox version seeing as several tournaments have already happened. Most people who play the xbox version also have the pc veresion as well. Try posting this thread over in the xbox version to see if they want to do this. I for one would love to see some mnc tournaments that are taped and whatnot.
  8. Runie

Runie New Member

I really want to but we have so few interested teams.
  9. grimbar

grimbar New Member

Without any demo support or even STV or similar technologies there is hardly any point since tournaments are meant to be spectator sports. Just reading about which team won where isn't gonna help the growth of a game competitively.

Also one of the reasons my team disbanded this game.

Interest was there, it got destroyed by a denial of a demo system; quite frankly not the way to treat a PC release. Too many games lack this nowadays.
  10. OD78891

OD78891 New Member

I'd love to get something like this started, MNC has potential. Just a lot of the players need patience before the golden road is paved for us all.
  11. Oscar

Oscar New Member

I would like this.
  12. CEVOCelone

CEVOCelone New Member

Thank you all for the responses so far and don't worry about that first post, I can handle a bad troll. I run CSS after all. :)

To answer some of your concerns, on the CEVO side, I like to tailor the events to what the community wants. CEVO does not have a specific structure we force all games to, we are incredibly flexible. We can do one match per week, two matches per week, whatever you guys and gals want. Our match scheduling system is unmatched by any other league in that matches are posted 7 days in advance of the deadline and teams are able to not only communicate on there, but they can also propose specific dates/times. We also have a policy where within that 7 days, teams are allowed to play their match early if they want rather than waiting for the deadline day.

As far as demo/stv is concerned, I understand the "want" for it, but it is never a "necessity". What do I mean by that? Well majority of the competitive games out there have similar systems in place for spectating, but no one spectates. It is my firm belief, after much experience in eSports, that people are only willing to spectate "Professional" level teams. Everyone else might get 1 or 2 spectators, but that is hardly reason to say the game is completely lacking for that reason.

One of the best ways to see changes happen to a game a community is closely following is to get a league involved to help developers show them the necessities. I've been admining for a little over five years now and my experience entails running online tournaments and leagues for CS 1.6, CS CZ, CSS, AOE, Quake as well as running lan tournaments for CS 1.6, Quake, and WoW. Aside from that, I mentor other head of games in CEVO over games such as SC2, HON, and LOL. What does all of that experience translate to? It just means that I know how to get things done and I know how to get them done correctly.

So please continue to show your support. I have a couple guys already looking into rules, game style and setup, servers, and such, but as soon as we have some details, we are going to start polling the community on different things. As always, patience is a virtue.
  13. grimbar

grimbar New Member

Default rules overall but limit classes to 2 max for the sake of not having 6on6 assault overtimes.

Moot without spectating though since ideally you'd want high level players to participate and they won't because we lack these systems and they have been denied by the developer, otherwise I'd keep on nagging them about it.

Game is dead, peace out
  14. OD78891

OD78891 New Member

Oh stop being such a Negativity Nancy grimmy, well patience is certainly something we could all use for sure.

As for the rules, default rules, custom classes, 15 minute games, and only 2 of each class as grimbar has said.

Using default classes only is a big NO NO.
  15. Runie

Runie New Member

Default rules, 2 class limit, probably no Grenadeiii.
  16. Bakey

Bakey New Member

2 Class limit like above, customs allowed, juice on, mascot on, annihilator/ejectors on.

No OT, 20 minute match limit.

Why no OT? Because in OT the game totally turns into which team has the best assault/assassin rather than which team actually plays better. It totally changes everything about what it takes to win a match. Bots are no longer important, turrets are no longer important, it turns into juice rushes and being able to counter them.
  17. Runie

Runie New Member

Juice buying MUST be enabled if there is no OT because then it becomes who hits the enemy's moneyball first then turtles up.
  18. Bakey

Bakey New Member

Modified my post, I'm all for juice as it encourages map/resource control like most FPS games. I just hate OT and the shields going down immediately.
  19. RayHanley

RayHanley New Member

this would be very good as i've always seen great potential in competitive mnc
  20. Bakey

Bakey New Member

In regards to demos, I'm less concerned about spectators and more concerned with match disputes/hack accusations. It's much easier to settle a dispute with demos available from every player's perspective rather than trying to judge based on screenshots or something else.

MNC *NEEDS* demo recording available before any remotely serious league/ladder play can take place.