Discussion in 'PA: TITANS: General Discussion' started by Nicb1, May 3, 2016.
Great work guys! It's a very well made mod indeed, even better than the official expansion(AKA Titans) in some ways.
But need serious balance. These 2 units left me a great impression.
1. Lancer is very strong, like a T1 sniper, providing efficient fire support, it's also very fast, can kite vehicles pretty well.
2. The T2 missile hover is too powerful, it kills almost everything it can see, within a great range. The only drawback is its attack angle makes it hit the wreckage of the buildings too much.
Lancer range is really low. If you micro well enough ants and shanks will both kill them really easily, and they're super vulnerable to bombers if your opponent didn't bring enough patriots.
Great expansion, Love it! But can we please get a alternative UI colour to choose from
You can disable the UI colouring in settings.
Thanks, i'll look into your issues. Do you have any pa stat replays i can look at?
Did you try monstrosities, deathmarks, or bombers against the panzers (t2 missile hover)?
Haven't played yet and likely wait till stable is out but one question i have is how usefull are gil-e's and angels antimissiledefense against legion units?
We saw that yesterday. There was also a gamestar article.
mm the gil-e is not too effective against legion tac missiles and rockets since legion generally shoots them in volleys. The angel is pretty good against them though since it has high rof. Where vanilla flak cannot be shot down, the legion t2 missile aa can be. Can shoot down panzer missiles too!
I only tried a few games with the AI, and that is just an overall impression, it might not be accurate. And sorry, I do not have PA stat replays at this moment. It's seems too much better compare to its counter part bluehawk for the 50% more metal cost. So the strategy to counter panzer is to simply out range it or use something that is able to survive it's missile barrage and deliver its payload?
Even if it is easier to compeare it can still be an innacurate comparison afterall. Personally I didn't fell that it was difficult to counter them , as it currently overkills every unit it shoots and it isn't precisely fast doing so. In fact It usually dies as soon as it gets in the process of shooting.
That is what I´ve experienced
v0.10.0 - 2016/05/09
- New build effect
- Marauder firing sound fixed
- Improved Purger description
- More work done on the lobby UI
- Black Knight now heavily drains Ramparts
- Hive nerfed:
- reload time increased from 10 seconds to 14
- no longer accepts orders
- health reduced from 125 to 100
- cost increased from 600 metal to 750
- Swarms are now properly targeted by other units
- Swarm speed lowered from 60 to 50
- Swarms no longer accept orders
- Swarm lifetime lowered to 6 seconds from 6.5
- Peacekeeper buffed:
- weapon range increased from 70 to 75
- Air bomb splash damage only affects air units
- Fix Rockteeth commander not having a torpedo weapon
- Monstrosity nerfed:
- metal cost increased from 1700 to 1800
- health decreased from 6100 to 6000
- acceleration and brake decreased from 40/30 to 10/10
- turn speed decreased from 60 to 45
- main cannon yaw rate decreased from 70 to 30
- Purger buffed:
- damage increased from 350 to 450
- Stoke buffed:
- damage increased from 35 to 39
- splash damage increased from 10 to 25
- splash radius decreased from 7 to 6
- Lancer tweaked:
- damage against bots decreased by 15%
- damage against vehicles increased by 10%
- less likely to fire into the ground and do no damage to target
- Excalibur nerf:
- health decreased from 650 to 350
- Titans prioritise shooting other Titans
- Reduced Tyr splash radius from 180 to 160
- Improved ability of Arsonist to hit units
- Optimisation of Arsonist effects to reduce lag
- Hives can no longer overlap other units during placement
- Hive selection hexagon size increased to properly fit the unit
- Legion players now have a Legion Commander icon on the player list
- Legion UI can now be disabled separately for the menu and in-game UI
- Improvements to the way the intro video is displayed
- Improved main menu load time when Legion theme is disabled
- Optimised background images to reduce mod size
looking at legion's unit description, they seem much weaker and smaller than i tought, like orbital unit black night wich only deliver a ground blast equivalent to 20 megatons of TNT, and their biggest gun were just 940 mm.
anyway, this expansion were awesome !!
20 megatons is more than the most powerful nuclear weapon detonated by the United States. 940mm (37 inches) is a higher calibre than the largest artillery gun ever used. I wouldn't call that weak or small
Well, We already have 50 megatons nuke back in 1964. being an extremly advanced giant robot, they should be able to dish out more than that, gigaton at least. In supcom, mech marine already have battleship gun while legion basic tank have 270 mm.
20-50 MTs would flatten buildings five miles from ground zero. Which is way more destructive power than the nukes that are in game.
1 GT? In addition to being too large to be strategically useful, the majority of the weapon's power would be lost to space. Though, 100 Black Nights would probably cause them to be blasted out of orbit.
Water detonations would cause a tsunami to destroy water buildings in a much larger area still.
Detonations in large trenches like the Grand Canyon could cause volcanic eruptions.
The PTE servers are about to go offline. You will not be able to play Legion online until PTE has been pushed to stable. Skirmish will continue to function and the mod will still be downloadable through Community Mods. While there is no firm timeline for PTE's push to stable we expect it within the next week. Hopefully sooner rather than later.
v0.10.1 - 2016/05/13
- Added BETA tag to mod name
- Updated mod description to list known issues
- Updated lobby welcome screen to list known issues
Separate names with a comma.