Left click intermittently acting like right click.

Discussion in 'Support!' started by nateious, May 1, 2015.

1. nateious

nateious Active Member

Every once in a while I'll experience some odd control glitch where I am clicking and a bunch of my units suddenly loose their orders. It doesn't seem to happen all the time, and seems to be much more likely to occure later in the game when I'm selecting and ordering around large numbers of units. When I was playing tonight, I think I figured out what is happening.

Normally I'll issue an order with right click, then left click to deselect my group of units (so I can go do something else) most of the time this works fine, however sometimes it does not. What seems to be happening is if I give an area attack command, then while still holding shift (I'm not sure if it only happens while still holding shift), left click to deselect, instead left click will function like a right click and issue a new order. If I simply click, it will re-direct issue a move order, if I click and then move my mouse it will issue an area attack.

I tested this out with a friend in lobbyID 13787019113474394024, he was unable to reproduce the issue, so I suppose it could be a problem with my mouse (Logitech G500s) I'm wondering if anyone else has had similar issues where, when rapidly clicking in a game with large numbers of units, orders seem to get messed up occasionally.