Latency meter, why is it absent in console version?

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 General Discussion' started by Badding, January 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Badding

Badding New Member

I have to ask how come you didn't implement any latency meter to the console version? Not even those inaccurate bars like in other console games. I wonder why developers even started to use it... it's not like console players don't understand what milliseconds are :roll:

I don't think I have to explain how important it is in a purely online game. And yes, this is poorly disguised frustration of evening full of terrible hosts, sorry. ;)
  2. StarPilot87

StarPilot87 New Member

I does puzzle me that most console-based online games don't show an actual ping value, but instead opt for a vague bar system. It confuses me even more that console MNC has no ping display at all, seeing that it's predominantly an online game.

I do understand that using a bar system is easier to understand as other devices like cell phones use them, but complete omission makes it difficult to figure out if latency is an issue in a game or not.
  3. Pig Of Denmark

Pig Of Denmark New Member

Sounds like the kids ego wont let him see he was getting owned by deadeye. Congratz your "Pro"
  4. PohTayToez

PohTayToez New Member

Good question. I want to be able to rage at people with poor connections.
  5. OfficerFuttBuck

OfficerFuttBuck Active Member

wat
  6. Aeadon

Aeadon New Member

Forum fail.
  7. Ekanaut

Ekanaut Uber Alumni

We didn't implement feature x because we didn't. Limited time and resources means certain things get attention and others don't.
  8. PohTayToez

PohTayToez New Member

Pffft. Excuses.
  9. Cheesecakecrush

Cheesecakecrush New Member

We don't need "pings" instead of an inaccurate 'bar.' Its not like the difference between 46 and 62 is going to be the difference between you walking around the corner and getting shot and you being able to whip your aim around and take out the camper. 4 Green is good as 4 green.
  10. Aeadon

Aeadon New Member

46 and 62 maybe not, but most of us have played a game like Call of Duty where you can have good 3-bars and bad 3-bars. Not knowing how big these margins are can be a problem and if it were implemented to say like <200ms = green, my class decision would definitely change if it were 46 vs 199.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.