Late game - What next?

Discussion in 'Support!' started by endgame8968, September 28, 2013.

1. endgame8968

endgame8968 New Member

I feel like after multiple matches where the game ends up on a multi planet level, there isn't much else to do. With the orbital unit transport. Does it only take one unit at a time? I cannot attack other planets with nukes, is the only way to get on the other planet by building other units on the planet? If the enemy ends up strong-holding the planet, it seems to get into a stalemate.

What next?
  2. downburst

downburst New Member

You can always build haleys and smash their planet with another planet. The planet/moon does need to be small enough, when you zoom out to see the solar system some planets will be marked showing how many you need (seems to be 3-5). They do take forever to build though.
  3. silects

silects New Member

My solution was to put together 10 Avengers (orbital fighters), an orbital radar, and an orbital laser. Seeing that the opponent was going for the escape to other planet play, I got a good jump on this. Once you show up, clear out any orbital stuff and start laserin away. An umbrella would stop this supposedly but just how much can they get going starting from scratch in the middle of the game.

More ways to access planets were supposed to be coming along in the future as I hear (unit launchers, bigger transports, planet to planet nukes?)...but for now that's what I do.
  4. endgame8968

endgame8968 New Member

Yeah the Halleys would seem to work. But if the planets are too large, it would seem you end up in a stalemate. Looking forward to the more interplanetary level stuff.