Landing zones all over the place.

Discussion in 'Mapping and stuff' started by cobalfrostwyrm, January 21, 2015.

1. cobalfrostwyrm

cobalfrostwyrm New Member

I've read multiple threads on this and it apears to be the luck of the draw, but I figure I ask anyway in case I missed something in my searches.

I've made a system with 5 planets. I want 1 landing zone on each planet. I wantAI army on each of 4 planets and one player army on the last planet.
    I created the player planet last. It is correctly displayed as landing zone 5 in the skirmish.
    The zone was not where placed it so adjusted its location in the .pas file and re-imported. The zone is now in a an apparently random location.
    Can I fix this?

Sometimes multiple AI's land on the player planet. As much random landing zones as needed are apparently created. Sometimes all AI's land on the first created planet.
    Is this fixable?

Does editing this line in the .pas have any effect?
    I Guess it as has to do with how many armies can land on a planet.

looks promising. But editing it seems to have no effect. What effect should it have?

Cheers in advance for any help :)
  2. cobalfrostwyrm

cobalfrostwyrm New Member

I think I got it, sort of.
    I made a system for constructing planets, within this I did all csg edits and metal distribution.
    Made the system I want to play, starting with the AI's planets and finally the player planet.
    Exported to pas, set numArmies to 1 and landingZonesPerArmy to 1 for each ai planet. Set each to 0 for the player planet.

I have no idea why but this gives "consistent" results (I tried a whole three times, great sample size).
    AI's start each on a seperate world and do not start on the players. Starting zones are still all over the place and nowhere near where I placed them. Also there are two instead of one.
    I assume the zero's I set tell the engine to use defaults somewhere, hence two and random locations.
    DeathByDenim likes this.