LAN Playing Bug

Discussion in 'Support!' started by skintkingle, March 1, 2014.

1. skintkingle

skintkingle New Member

I think we've found a bug where 2 players on the same LAN cant play together anymore. When my friend and I (With 2 different Ubernet accounts) try and play a game together. One of us get put in as "ARMY", Dont get any spawn point options, and are instantly out the game. We have tested this with 1 of us hosting, the other hosting, and even someone outside our LAN hosting. One of us will always be a White "Army" team with no spawn options, and insta-annihilated when the game starts.
    <edit>
    It is a Bug-ger bug. It's not reproducible every time.
    </edit>

Any ideas?

Disclaimer:

We have no mods installed. We have verified files and tested again with the same results. We've also got latest drivers. (Especially graphics drivers ;))
    Last edited: March 1, 2014
  2. SXX

SXX Post Master General

Keep in mind you can't actually "host" game. When you create game from menu it's still hosted on UberNet servers.
  3. skintkingle

skintkingle New Member

Well yes, But We didn't know if it would affect the game if the game creator was on the same subnet as another player. Just testing things. :)
  4. SXX

SXX Post Master General

I don't think one client can affect other because this game do not open any ports on client-side. I guess your issue caused with some bugs in latest releases.
  5. bgolus

bgolus Uber Alumni

That is a strange bug. When we are playing from the office we are always playing from one LAN connecting to the servers hosted in the cloud and have never seen this problem.

It's plausible it's something being caused by your router, or some rare edge case with our code we haven't seen. Unfortunatly I'm not the one who can help you on this, but I'll try to see if anyone else can.
  6. skintkingle

skintkingle New Member

We've never had it before and then Gamma and BOOM. if there's anything you'd like us to try on our router, more than happy to. We have a Draytek 2820. Not managed to try again tonight with my room-mate as he's not playing games tonight. Hopefully should be able to test again tomorrow though. I've noticed a ninja patch today with no patch notes (Either that or my game had corrupt files which may also explain the weird issue) So I will update tomorrow with any testing results.