laggy reaction to mousewheel movements

Discussion in 'Support!' started by cola_colin, August 21, 2015.

1. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

PA never was great about smoothness when reacting to mousewheel input, but I feel it is getting worse and worse.
    It seems that the more stuff is going on the laggier reactions to mousewheel input is.

Anyone else seeing this?
  2. pieman90

pieman90 Active Member

Yep, for some reason after titans release it gets really bad when there are large amounts of units. Prior to titans I had no trouble with thousands of units in 1 game.
  3. cola_colin

4. dreadnought808

dreadnought808 Member

I've found that it hops around overly sometimes because of the auto-focus on zooming. Could this have something to do with it?
  5. cola_colin

So testing a bit around if mods are involved here:

- The issues persist even when running with --nomods.
    - However running mods like FreeEnergy or the UberMap that rely on heavy usage of the unit info API create potentially pretty bad lag (depends on number of units ingame and apparently some other factors, still investigating). Above 1k units that are moving it becomes pretty much unplayable for me in the current settings) that makes it worse.

So while there are some mods that I need to optimize somehow (probably by reducing the quality they can work at :/) the issues isn't mod related.
    Last edited: August 23, 2015
  6. hurricnzj

hurricnzj New Member

I am having this problem aswell, no further info though