1. peachypony

peachypony Active Member

Why does nobody complain about this? Have we all just grown to accept how plagued this game is by lag? Is it possible Uber can improve the coding in future patches? Magnets, how do they work?

I hate complaining about this game because of how fun it is and how little I paid for it but when all your actions in a shooter are delayed by a second it makes it unplayable at times for me. I can usually tell in seconds how laggy it is but the problem is when I rejoin 8.5/10 of the time I will end up rejoining the same game or join into another game that is nearly as bad. Because of this i've considered being a douche bag and leaving my box on when I pull host but don't because I don't want to be associated with the rest of the cheaters on top of the leaderboards.
  2. Zander Star

Zander Star New Member

I usaully go through about ten games before i found one I like. I have found that If you leave and then search again, cancel the search mid way through and search and it will find you A new game, also Dont play spunky and you wont get the stuck in penutbutter whilst looking through a ten frame per second camera thing.
  3. AmazeTheory

AmazeTheory New Member

I get host everygame. When I search I go into an empty lobby by myself. Same with a party. Just us and I'm always host. Unsure how but meh :D
  4. Ekanaut

Ekanaut Uber Alumni

There have been complaints about it. Plenty.
  5. peachypony

peachypony Active Member

As annoying as the FPS issue at least it doesn't usually last too long. I can deal with it for the most part.
  6. peachypony

peachypony Active Member

I'm glad to see this is the official answer. Thanks Ekanaut.
  7. AmazeTheory

AmazeTheory New Member

What do you mean by cheaters at the top... ?
  8. Ekanaut

Ekanaut Uber Alumni

If there was an easy solution to it we would have fixed it. As I have mentioned in other threads about this, it's not a simple problem. What people call "lag" is sometimes performance slowdowns and sometimes it's a connection issue. We have a small player base compared to something like CoD or Halo so that means the quality and number of connections depending on where you are could be pretty bad. Peachy, if you weren't ruining the community that problem could be solved :) As far as the performance issue, we keep messing with that with every update.
  9. zarakon

zarakon Active Member

I had some pretty bad lag issues on 360, but on the PC it's been fantastic. Aside from some assassin problems (slightly inconsistent lunge distance and out-of-sync shurikens), it feels about the same as when I was lucky enough to get host on 360. Are you playing on servers with high ping?
  10. hickwarrior

hickwarrior New Member

Ah connection issues. Yea, there are so much factors there that could ruin it.

the problem for me is more that the pings of each server are just too high, with the exception of raq. I know it can be my side, my dad downloading, our internet connection not having a very high bandwidth, etc.

But the other part are the other players as well. If both connections are terrible, it will lag, and it's not a funny thought. There are dedi servers, but the ones I've seen are terrible in their ping to me. I think I have too high standards, but I usually like to play under at least 200 ms at best under 150.

I'm not sure if you guys can do something about it and understand how tough a problem it actually is. Network in general are very hard to understand. Trying to grasp it is going to take a long while, probably one filled with trial and error. Especially if you use the internet to make your game playable.

Really, I just hope you guys can do the best you can. Other than that, the player will have to find a way to make his connection much smoother.

I guess that's my rant.
  11. zarakon

zarakon Active Member

I see a fair number of servers under 100 ping

Rusty's are usually around 50 ping

But I guess if you're not in the US, there aren't as many good options..

They really need to get a dedicated server client that isn't tied to Steam and offers the options that hosting services require so that people can get more servers up
  12. peachypony

peachypony Active Member

Thanks Eka, as much as I lurk the forum i've never seen an official response to networking issue.. only the framerate issue. I can deal with the framerate..just the constant struggle to find a host with a decent connection is what kills me. This is during the day too, at night time I seem to pull host more often which is nice.

How can you say i'm killing the community :cry: If anything i'm an advocate of how great this game is and by how much time i've put into it speaks for it. I just want you guys to make this game the best it can be so people don't leave out of frustration of lag.

BTW, why did you put this in a PC sub forum? I don't have MNC for the PC. Put it where it belongs, n00b :) .
  13. peachypony

peachypony Active Member

At least you PC players can see how much latency each server has :p.
  14. Ekanaut

Ekanaut Uber Alumni

Cause I'm dumb! Moved it to the right place.
  15. PohTayToez

PohTayToez New Member

One thing that I've noticed, is give the smaller player base and the fact that more people play at night, if you play during the day you're much more likely to get put in a game with a host on the other side of the planet. I play mostly at night and I would say that at most one out of five games I join are laggy enough to effect my enjoyment of the game.
  16. Grec

Grec New Member

From some reason, this game lags a lot on HD tvs. Maybe it's just me, I can't aim for **** on an HD tv.
  17. Izziness64

Izziness64 New Member

Agreed, often when the Annihilator goes off my surround sound also goes mute for a split second, probably because of the intense action/lag happening and how fast that information the HD TV and sound system receives. I've already have had the game freeze on Spunky, but my issue with the sound/lag is my most common issue.
  18. peachypony

peachypony Active Member

nah, that's normal. i have a old school tube TV and i've played on a friends hd tv.

some hd tvs have abnormal response times which really messes you up in shooter games...sometimes taking a half a second to respond to your actions on the controller. a lot of them have game mode where you lose image quality but gain processing time
  19. Zander Star

Zander Star New Member

your HD tv needs to be 120 hz or 240 if its 60 you'll get the blur. me myself 19 inch three foot deep 1998 old school. makes me feel young again.
  20. AtomGone

AtomGone New Member

Well too be fair, the game's performance (on 360) is much better than when it first released. I played a bunch then and found the rate of running into a laggy match much higher than I do now, so some things have definitely been improved. But still, it is a problem, I just hope it's something that's actually solvable.

I mean I know net code is tough stuff, and this game is pretty damn nuts what with the bots, pros and splashy effects going off every 3 seconds. But it is frustrating when you get killed, or can't kill a running assassin since lag teleported them out of your firing cone.

I feel your pain, but this is just something that I guess we can only hope gets handled over time, and with patience from the community.