Kickstarter Vs Reality (minor thing. Hope not)

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by pjrm1470, August 7, 2014.

1. pjrm1470

pjrm1470 New Member

I did a vast search in the forums trying to find something that tells me the otherwise, but i want to say i am so sorry if i'm going to say something that already exist here explaining this.

So! Two things that i did ask so many times on many live twich channel (but didn't get any answer):

1. There was the concept that would have asteroids fields! You go to one, build it to be thrown at the planet. (Forgive me if i didn't saw anyone talk about it, but this was only on kickstarter show)
    2. Galactic War. I waited and search for a long time after the update to see if this actual concept of Galactic war would become what was said on the kickstarter update of Galactic War.
      while i'm in combat in this system, i could throw a asteroid bomb in the other solar system. Resume: real time galaxy with so many commanders around the planets in the systems...
    Beyond that, i must say PA improved the RTS game in a level which no other companies have ever done. Although i expected to see these two kind of feature inside the game.

best regards,
    pjrm1470.
  2. brianpurkiss

brianpurkiss Post Master General

The game isn't finished.

Astroid belts will make it into the game eventually.

The Galactic War was never going to be an open world solar system. Galactic War was always going to be a turn based meta game. A real time open world galaxy simply can't work. No computer could handle it short of a supercomputer and it wouldn't balance well.
    Geers and vackillers like this.
  3. fogg

fogg New Member

If i have some ideas to improve the game, where i can show them to be heard?
    bradaz85 likes this.
  4. nixtempestas

nixtempestas Post Master General

asteroid belts have been requested to death really (not sure how you missed it), though Uber has not given us info on exactly what form they will take.
  5. nixtempestas

If they are general ideas, this subforum.

If they are balance related, head over to the balance forum.

etc
  6. igncom1

igncom1 Post Master General

Hopefully however the GW meta game gets expanded tenfold.
    eroticburrito and websterx01 like this.
  7. brianpurkiss

Just create a post on the forums.

I would HIGHLY recommend doing a search.

The forums have been around for a while and new ideas are few and far between simply because we've discussed so many things.

If you post asking for shields or SupCom style experimentals, the responses will not be favorable because those topics have been discussed to death many times.
  8. nixtempestas

don't ask for big spaceships either, unless you do it in the mod forum.

might want to read the last few weekly updates on the PA news page to get some of the commonly asked for features out of the way.
  9. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

really??? says who? you have had no insider info on their iterative process. this was certainly one of the options (and also something to consider since it was the take of a certain someone who made a certain something called Galactic War before PA did.) and perhaps the devs considered it before opting for the current state.

perhaps it's current state will be iterated out of. who knows?
  10. igncom1

igncom1 Post Master General

Not you, it seems.
  11. brianpurkiss

Go watch the Galactic War. Go read anything about Galactic War. It's always always compared to a traditional single player campaign. That is turn based.

Never once was it ever implied that it was a large open world. The current state certainly will have changes made to it, but it won't be open world.

Everything that Uber has ever said has been that it was going to be a turn based campaign meta game.
    lapsedpacifist and cptconundrum like this.
  12. websterx01

websterx01 Post Master General

I thought something similar to your reaction, but I'm pretty sure that Brian is right. The scheme for GW in the KS sounded turn based, fighting over systems, kind of similar to what we have now, only MP and huge.
  13. tatsujb

they only ever said things about what they had released. we got the statements about what GW would be and GW, so to speak, simultaneously.

so you can't really pitch it as an age old thing, especially since the Galactic War that's actually age-old is FAF's (or so to speak age-older :p )
    I'm sorry but .......WHERE exactly in the kickstarter video did they describe GW?

I just watched the whole thing again because of you.

I was there from the start GW was completely blurry and undefined, we had no details about it whatsoever right up until the very moment where we had our first testable version.
    Last edited: August 7, 2014
  14. brianpurkiss

Watch the Galactic War Kickstarter Trailer. Not the Kickstarter trailer.
  15. vorell255

vorell255 Active Member

There was a point that I remember where they said Galactic War would be multiplayer specifically for clan vs clan type games.
  16. tatsujb

thank you, you're prooving my point, that came out when we already had access to GW
  17. optimi

optimi Well-Known Member

aevs likes this.
  18. brianpurkiss

No...

The Galactic War Kickstarter Trailer came out during the Kickstarter campaign before the game was even funded.
  19. pjrm1470

pjrm1470 New Member

Wow... my topic really come to somehing...
    Brian, I did exackly what tatsujb said. I watched the Galatic War video on Kickstarter just because of you, and there is no point in the video where they say that would or will be turn base.

And vorell255, yes i listen to that too!!!
    That's why i feel a little disappointed, but i have hope that Uber will give us what they said on that video.
    Of course this will open (i think already are) alot of issues about performance. And i do expect the game to be heavy! when they named "Galactic War" i just thought: "Now i'm fucked! I wont have the required computer to play this massive game that will become!"

Well... Hope for the best and i'll be not be disappointed!
    Best regards,
    pjrm1470.
    Last edited: August 7, 2014
  20. KNight

KNight Post Master General