Kickstarter - Flagship

Discussion in 'Unrelated Discussion' started by mjshorty, September 17, 2014.

1. mjshorty

mjshorty Well-Known Member

2. brianpurkiss

brianpurkiss Post Master General

It's certainly interesting... but seems gimmicky. A little too early to tell.
  3. comham

comham Active Member

I've been following the devs on twitter for a while, there's lots of attention to detail, things like fuel/ammo trucks for the hangar. My first PC game was X-Wing vs Tie Fighter so I have a soft spot for space sims, plus it has Rift support. Backed!
  4. squishypon3

squishypon3 Post Master General

I've always loved these kinds of RTS games, if it works out, I'll definitely be buying it.
  5. Geers

Geers Post Master General

I think I was going to make a thread about it but at the time there were already about six other threads that I'd made on the first page so i thought "better not".
  6. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

This just looks amazing, I've backed it at the new beta tier. It's ambitious, still I've *always* wanted to play a space game from this perspective. The style of play is very reminiscent of 'Wing Commander' type combat (i.e. space carrier based warfare with battle groups and wings of fighters + bombers) so this just looks perfect. I also like the idea that battles are going on in different systems and that you can only *directly* control whichever battle you happen to commit your particular battle group and that you must rely on the AI to handle the other systems. That coupled with ships getting significantly better with experience suggest you could level up your battle-group then use your experienced ships for head up new smaller groups... oh the possibilities!
    squishypon3 likes this.