Keep 360 MNC alive

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 Feedback and Issues' started by Teflon Ghost, July 30, 2012.

1. Teflon Ghost

Teflon Ghost New Member

I'm not sure who to complain to about the lack of 360 updates; chalk this up to self-musing if you like. I understand the difficulty/beauracracies/programming issues related to console games versus PC, but when did it become acceptable for software companies to take the easy way out? Looking at other PC/console games, like Dungeon Defenders, and their updates, it seems that MNC is all but forgotten.

Perhaps there is a way to petition to get someone's attention. I paid for this game on XBL two years ago, and it really sucks that the free version on PC is so far ahead.
  2. igotbannedagain

igotbannedagain New Member

I don't think you're going to get anything out of Uber or Microsoft.

I will gladly sign a petition for the third time if someone is willing to take the time to make one.
  3. RandomToon

RandomToon Well-Known Member

Likewise. Someone suggested kickstarter - I think that would be great.
    I think it should be a $5 expansion pack. Everyone who pledges $5 or more and owns up to it can get a download code for it; basically, you are promising to buy the update when it comes out. Now you just need to find 8,000 people willing to do that...I believe that we can get about 1,000 and then fail.

I will start it up if the devs agree to honor the deal; we get $40k pledged, they give us our update, and we get free codes for prepaying (so we don't have to pay twice).
  4. Teflon Ghost

Teflon Ghost New Member

I like the kickstarter idea. I did a pledge to help start the MC Chris Cartoon. Anybody know who to talk to about something like this? Five bucks is do-able.
  5. iammclovin117

iammclovin117 Active Member

That was me.
  6. RandomToon

McLovin suggested the kickstarter plan - credit where it is due.

I smoked...cigarettes...and drank beer with MC Chris at GenCon 2005 during my hotel party. He is a pretty alright guy, I would have supported that too.

I do not know who to contact at Uber. I am not inclined to bother fighting this uphill battle personally, as the dev team said on repeated occasions that they will not be updating 360. Click on a sticky with a name that is not black, and send them a PM and see if you can figure it out.
  7. Teflon Ghost

Teflon Ghost New Member

I had read somewhere that they were attempting to convert MNC to the newest Unreal engine, and after that there would be a couple of updates back to back as it would be easier with the new engine. I just left a voicemail at Uber Ent., so let's see where that goes.
  8. RandomToon

Yeah, that was a while ago and they have since said that they will not be doing updates due to the prohibitive cost - articles going around the time estimates an Xbox live update cost roughly $40,000 and Uber said "yup, sounds about right". That is where that target number came from, believe it or not I didn't just pull it out of thin air ;)
  9. donut7577

donut7577 Active Member

They're converting SMNC to a newer Unreal build. Nothing to do with MNC. But, yea. +1 for MNC possibly having players again for awhile.
  10. jaysofacton

jaysofacton Active Member

24th Aug 2011 :cry:
    Twats
  11. igotbannedagain

Almost a year ago already? Damn!
  12. jaysofacton

And we still have 6,000 weekly players... but I hear everyone is leaving and the community is dying - damn glitchers, kids and scum
  13. teapot

teapot Post Master General

I'd sign more petitions but I honestly think we're too late in the game here.. The word could have been spread around easier the previous times back when there was more members on the forums.

I think we're more likely to see SMNC on 360 then we would see a patch or DLC for MNC. If they were to figure out SMNC's bugs and issues, balance problems, add more maps and throw us all the characters + outfits, I would pay 1600 points for the game. Hell, make it a disc release.. It doesn't really matter for me.. maybe xbox's policies are more strict for arcade games then disc releases?

Anyway, a pledge or petition for them to come back, sit down, and figure something out for us would be cool... but as far as a pledge for 40k to receive another patch + DLC? Not entirely sure if that would work even if we had the $40k, and 8000 signatures.. They might go for it but any paid DLC splits the fanbase and increases the difficulty to find matches. There are ways around it, but I've never seen a paid DLC workout for an arcade game.
  14. jaysofacton

It's not just the $40K though - they would have to spend time and manpower on something that might not even make them any money. I'm guessing 40K will be a 'breaking even' figure.
    And have you seen the SMNC maps? GIII... :lol: Apart from spawn striking and a load of extra PM options we love the game as it is. Every PM player knows the pros are balanced.
  15. soopersmurph

soopersmurph New Member

This.

I thought there were more regular players, this game is worse off than I thought.

Gj mad, cheating, glitching, pubruining scum, you took a top 10 XBLA game and took it to 6k players.
  16. RandomToon

I think it has less to do with that, and as much to do with the fact that it is a 2 year old game that, while fun and amazing in its own way, it isn't for everyone. You are confusing correlation with causation again.
  17. soopersmurph

soopersmurph New Member

Tell that to Halo 2, Gears 1, Battlefield 1942.
  18. RandomToon

I don't play those games, except for Gears 1. Gears 1 two years in had a player base about 10 times the size of MNC two years in - but its initial player base was about 10 times the size...total number of players is not a relevant measure here. But the point is, it lost 90%+ of its player base since launch in two years.

It really didn't have anything to do with cheating, and everything to do with the fact that it is a two year old game. There is a "goldielocks zone" of games, just like in movies - at launch, almost all of the players will play it. Within 1-3 months, 50% of the player base will be gone. Within 3-6 months, you will be hard pressed to find people looking to start playing or continue playing. It is just that nature of the industry - people move on. You have die hard fans that will never quit until they are made to, but the biggest group will just move on to the newer, prettier game that just came out. It is why DLC for even ultra popular games rarely do even 50% of the volume of the initial sale of the game.

I honestly think that when you get outplayed, you claim you were not and that person must have been cheating. It is odd that EVERY game you claim to play and like, it is rampant with cheaters...but are you sure it isn't really just rampant with people who outplay you, and you can't take it? I hope one day it will be something you can get help for.
  19. soopersmurph

soopersmurph New Member

Again, Battlefield 1943. A few maps, a few classes, the same basic rules across all maps. Hasn't yet had to lower its price, has been on market LONGER than MNC, still has strong active player numbers and sales.

MNC is just as well designed, just as fun as a concept, what BF didn't have was lobbies being destroyed constantly and people driven away by glitches and boring 3min stomps.
  20. igotbannedagain

You're comparing a AAA title with an indie XBL arcade game. Apples and Grapples.

You seem to be looking at just the data that supports your argument and ignoring the important details.