Just how quick is quickscoping?

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Discussion' started by Decker87, February 20, 2011.

1. Decker87

Decker87 New Member

Please don't turn this into a discussion about sniper balance. To show how fast QS is, I made a little video with fraps of me killing some bots at medium range. I'm horrible at aiming, but that's not the point. Any player can put a piece of tape with a red dot on the middle of his monitor.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3s3kRozeu7A
  2. grimbar

grimbar New Member

3. Decker87

Decker87 New Member

Heh, okay, I doubt that. And I'm not saying that out of elitism.
  4. grimbar

grimbar New Member

5. Decker87

Decker87 New Member

Nope. Custom-built mouse including PCB board with 20Mhz programmable microcontroller, and mouse events programmed down to the 50-ns level and propagation delays on the order of 1-2 ns. U mad? :) Hooray for being an EE.

But seriously, let's not hijack this thread.
  6. BroTranquilty

BroTranquilty New Member

Sad thing is, I am pretty good at a sniper, and I do NOT shoot like that. I hard-scope. I CAN do this, after much practice with CoD. Used to be a necesity in a game party, and a fun private match to do.

This is pretty quick. How about we make the scope take 2x longer to physically increase the weapon's accuracy and show a picture on the scope (effectively requiring longer to scope a shot, and benefit players who hold a scope). Or, make headshots on pros require a held scope (though, I liked no-scope headshots)

Wouldn't mind that. I am not arguing anymore, just try to give him a nerf that doesn't break the game. Again, you will know you messed up when I start gunner-deploying and wiping teams up solo.

Making the sniper have a harder time insta-headshotting assaults is one things (if there is a sniper that isn't an aimbot program that can currently do that, which I doubt). Making the sniper damage output like a watergun is an entirely different thing. One will allow me utter gunner reapage.
  7. Decker87

Decker87 New Member

Right now, it takes zero seconds. The only delay is the time it takes the computer to process the button presses, and you can't really control that.
  8. BroTranquilty

BroTranquilty New Member

Then still, let's make it 2x longer. CwatIdidTHER? 0x2=0. I don't see a great need in nerf.

Anywho, make the animation to zoom in take 2x longer (I think grimbar means he is faster because he can quickscope and never notice that the sniper scope has a red dot in the middle because he never scopes long enough to see it lol), and then make the ADS effect apply only after the animation finishes and the scope picture comes up.
  9. ohknee

ohknee New Member

That's not quickscoping, that's instascoping!
  10. Vlane

Vlane New Member

It's quick, yeah, but what's the point?
  11. Xx Tikki xX

Xx Tikki xX New Member

the fact you have 100% accuracy while doing it....

by 100% i mean the bullets will hit where the dot of the crosshair is when you are scoped in
  12. Vlane

Vlane New Member

Wouldn't say that without testing it yourself.
  13. WylieTimes

WylieTimes New Member

The video in this topic, the video in my sig, and hours of experience say that what Tikki said is 100% correct.

Are you seriously doubting common knowledge?
  14. tinygod

tinygod New Member

Ive been playing around with gold accuracy...

I know at first, you say "but tiny why, you are a sniper?" Well my friends, try it, and you shall see.

Smaller reticle when not zoomed in.. But what good is that, you might ask.. Well it makes quick scoping so easy its not even funny.

I'm trying

Gold Acc, Silver Armor, Bronze RoF right now, but i'm still trying to find the sweet spot, without giving up the ability to survive a face grapple.. though honestly I may just let armor go, and work on my anti assassin tactics without armor.. its not like sniper doesnt have an amazing on demand grapple that does not require a weapon switch, or the ability to jump and dodge grapples.
  15. Vlane

Vlane New Member

It's not common knowledge.

I'm not saying it's not accurate as hell I'm just doubting the 100% accuracy, because it's not. It can't be.
  16. tinygod

tinygod New Member

well the sniper rifle hits where the dot is while zoomed in, there is no need for an accuracy endorsement to make that happen..

thats a fact, facts tend to be irrefutable.

I'm not sure how you can argue that.. its simply how it is.
  17. Snug

Snug New Member

Truth
  18. Vlane

Vlane New Member

Lag. That's the big one.

Like I said. I'm not doubting the overall accuracy, I'm doubting the 100% accuracy.
  19. tinygod

tinygod New Member

Look I can come up with 100 witty insults to that, but I'll be nice and just give you some knowledge.

Lag makes your crosshairs untrue, not the bullet.. the bullet goes where your crosshairs are pointing, period.. the problem is that during high lag your crosshairs are not actually where they seem to be, or the things in your cross hairs are not.. regardless of that, the bullet still goes where the game considers your crosshairs to be.
  20. WylieTimes

WylieTimes New Member

Fire your Sniper Rifle from the hip, and then quickscope as the OP did in his video.
    It is plainly obvious that there is a difference, that the bullet goes right through the center of the crosshair and is 100% accurate.