Jumping leads to fatigue SKILL > Jump Mashing

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 Wishlist' started by Strungouts, September 11, 2010.

1. Kernal Cupcakez

Kernal Cupcakez New Member

I play support mostly now and the reason I jump so much is my Ghostbuster beam locks on and they usually ( unless fighting another support ) don't. Adding fatigue in my opinion would only serve as a further way to nerf the support. Sorry I didn't read all the pages so i don't know if this has been posted.
  2. rudigarmc

rudigarmc New Member

Support could using some nerfing.
  3. Amaranth

Amaranth New Member

Further nerf it? It's one of the best classes in the game. Wouldn't they first have to nerf it?
  4. WiredGunslinger

WiredGunslinger New Member

Supports already getting nerfed in the patch if you bothered to read/understand patch notes.

Seriously this topic bump up is absolutely rediculous and the jumping isn't going to get nerfed no matter how many times the very few of you keep bringing it up.
  5. rudigarmc

rudigarmc New Member

Well, it is pathetic if you think bunny hopping is going to nerf a support.
  6. Amaranth

Amaranth New Member

LOL. Selective downplay. I LOVE IT.

It's not dishonest, no matter what those liberal elites with their fancy diplomas and all their teeth tell you.
  7. Amaranth

Amaranth New Member

QQ I CAN'T PLAY SUPPORT IF I CAN'T JUMP AROUND AND TOTALLY SHIELD MYSELF FROM BULLETS!
  8. BongSatanZ

BongSatanZ New Member

Your mom wishes you weren't so nerfed. Stop watching Big Bang Theory and writing girls poems jerk.

:arrow: Support is fine. Just let our firebase take advantage of our Endorsements.
  9. DigitalArchmage

DigitalArchmage Member

I don't really understand why people think it's dumb if people are jumping so you can't shoot them.

Here's the fact you need to explore: They don't want to get shot. They don't want to get grappled.

Jumping helps prevent that.

I know that gunners wish everyone would walk straight, slowly, and directly into their line of fire, and assassins wish they could backstab me 100% of the time, but to say I'm retarded for moving out of the way of your attack is, in itself, retarded. The number of times the "invisible" assassin hops around so I can't shotgun them confirms that they, at least, agree with moving out of the way of bullets.

It's not retarded, it's pressing the buttons that keep you alive - which is the point.
  10. rudigarmc

rudigarmc New Member

I don't watch big bang theory. And what is wrong with writing a poem to a girl?
  11. rudigarmc

rudigarmc New Member

Speaking as a gunner with accuracy and rate of fire endorsements, I don't care how fast , straight, or directly you are walking, I will kill your pro. But with a touch of lag and the fact that you seem to have to get a mile away from a hurt gun, supports get fairly unkillable and cheesy.
  12. BongSatanZ

BongSatanZ New Member

mega ultra super lulz. successful troll is successful, or at least i hope.
  13. DigitalArchmage

DigitalArchmage Member

Didn't sound like you took the opposing side, jumping = retarded, but you are are dangerously close to saying "stop being so far away from me!". We don't want to be close to you - that's a big gun you have there, and I can't dodge the bullets close up. Best I can do is mutually assured destruction with a bomb. Being on the other side of it, we think we're pretty dang close with the hurt gun, and feel it doesn't quite go fast enough for us.

Every single class is going to do what increases their odds of staying alive and getting a kill. If the button on their controller that does that is a jump button, they're going to push the jump button. If the button is a big gun, they're going to push that one. Supports don't have a big gun. If they have a bomb, a good support can at least realize he's going to die and let one loose before he does so.

Lamenting that someone else chooses to jump, stand, run, or otherwise push their buttons in a way that makes it hard for you to kill them is a waste of time.
  14. rudigarmc

rudigarmc New Member

It is more of a problem of i have to reload and aim, so I'm actually having to focus on a bunny hopping support, also as a gunner, I'm not fast enough to get enough distance to ever break off your attack. Since all you have to do is bounce along after me if you catch me reloading, there is nothing I can do to kill you or break off the attack. Which is certainly cheap. I've noticed I've put platforms and wall between me and the attacking support, which is a glitch I don't fault the support in question with, I sincerely doubt they have the memorized.
  15. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

You have a skill as a gunner called "Slam" it stuns your enemy making them less mobile and giving you a chance to get away. btw they can't jump when stunned.
  16. rudigarmc

rudigarmc New Member

Yeah, i know about that skill. But if the guy is already bouncing and jumps over the slam, it doesn't help much, now does it?

My point is ever other class has to reload their weapons and recharge their skills, support has an infinite hurt gun, and can avoid all the attacks, skills, and grapples by bunny hopping around without aiming. It is a cheesy move.
  17. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

Um that's why you hover and activate the skill in mid air...There is a way to deal with everything.

As for the h/h gun that thing tickles taking the least amount of damage away compared to any other Pro's weapon.
  18. rudigarmc

rudigarmc New Member

So I need to do 5 things at once while the support just holds down the trigger and hops?
  19. Amaranth

Amaranth New Member

Here's a fact you need to explore: Stating the obvious as though it's new or profound doesn't make it so, and in fact just looks stupid. Presenting it in a virtual strawman, as though this is something that hasn't occurred to people (especially when evidence to the contrary exists) is dishonest as well as dumb.

Thanks for your "unique" perspective!
  20. Amaranth

Amaranth New Member

Actually, he didn't. He said something dangerously close to what was written, which isn't close. In fact, it was closer to "stop being so close to me!"

The point being more that it's the safest way to do damage, not that it's some sort of insta-win.