JUICE!(AGAIN!)

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 Feedback and Issues' started by TOM12121112, February 4, 2011.

1. TOM12121112

TOM12121112 New Member

i think it needs to be looked at. the timers dont stop people from chaining in the least.

there are arguments that juice CAN be used for breaking a turtle
    it CAN be used for a last resort to save yourself.

but it isnt.

in the last month i have seen juice used for any of that at all, be it public or private matches. nobody buys juice in private matches

the only thing juice does in public matches is allow people to play deathmatch. pubs only use juice to chain and build up kill streaks.

it wouldnt surprise me in the least that every other match i have played consisted of someone buying juice at least 3+ times in a row, and using it solely for kills.

discuss.
  2. Zander Star

Zander Star New Member

Who would do such a thing? :roll:

its deff still broken, My normal game goes as follows, dont buy skills, melee bots ,juice chain.
  3. PohTayToez

PohTayToez New Member

I'd say that juice dispenser cool down could be nearly doubled and I think that juice gain from meleeing bots should be removed or severely nerfed as to not be practical. I feel like meleeing bots for juice was never meant to be an actual game mechanic.
  4. BroTranquilty

BroTranquilty New Member

you hit the nail on the head.

ask for solutions, it doesnt really affect high level play. my opinion, its better than it used to be, so let them.

if an enemy juice rushes against good people, usually they get killed eventually. i usually do it the first time they try if im at base, im damn good vs juiced enemies if i do say so myself.

but to fix it... idk, make a minute cooldown timer on juicing itself. make a pro unable to earn juice at all until a minute after he juices. this makes it harder to "overdose", but still possible and much easier than alltimegreat or over9000. this makes juice-chaining impossible and thats good since NOBODY NEEDS TO JUICE CHAIN (to break turtles you simply need to juice once and take out one side)

or we all just need to spread a rumor to players that juice-chaining for k/d is commonly used to comphensate for something
  5. TOM12121112

TOM12121112 New Member

this. grassroots campaign.

"IF YOU JUICE CHAIN, YOU HAVE A NARROW URETHRA!
    uhm, right?

its just frustrating to no end. i actually got a message today saying i was bad from a support who went 27-7, and at least 20 of those were juiced; vs my 32-12, none were juiced.
  6. mute

mute New Member

I dont think messing with the dispensers is a solution. Dispensers aren't an issue if you can still gain juice in less than 30 secs by alternate means. I see that only hurting classes that don't gain juice as rapidly. What I do see as problematics is insane juice gain rates for stuff like meleeing, taunting while a laser is shooting you, deployed, etc. and the classes that benefit the most from such tatics (assassin, tank, gunner, assault).
  7. Liefglinde

Liefglinde New Member

I do think the dispensers need to be looked at. I can easily buy juice, wreck the other team, then go to the other dispenser. By the time I'm done with the 2nd dispenser, the 1st one would be off or nearly off cooldown.
  8. Ian

Ian New Member

I, frankly, would be happy to never see Juice again. Otherwise, nerf every class' Juice gain
  9. BroTranquilty

BroTranquilty New Member

again, juice is necesary. also, i think the assassin could use the juice gain rate.

fix it by making juice not-easy-to-spam. making pros unable to use and/or get juice within a minute or a minute and a half of last using it, makes it unspammable. it forces a time limit between them.

im in support of a juice cooldown timer for every pro, preventing themfor a minute and a half since the last juice.
  10. fischbs

fischbs New Member

Juice is just a terrible design. Making someone take absurd amounts of reduced damage, move faster and do ridiculous amounts of damage completely ruins the gameplay of this game. I am BEYOND sick of seeing Assassins juice up with rapid fire and obliterate entire bases single handedly (every single tower plus a defending player or two) while being able to escape without a scratch due to their OP escape mechanisms.

This game has a great concept but a TON of imbalances that make it such a tragic play. Assassins in general are absolutely ridiciclous. A class that can one shot anything a few minutes into the game (unless you gear yourself with rank gold armor) with a R E T A R D E D escape mechanism that basically allows them to endlessly chain kills to gain money and juice to chain juice and do it all over again, but on steroids.

So frustrating. I was EAGER as all hell to drop 15 bucks on this game no questions asked because of the unique and exciting concept, but assassins and the juice mechanic completely ruin everything. It's really just a shame, because when you play rounds without assassins or absurd juice whoring you get a glimpse into this game's true potential and its some of the most fun I've had playing a video game to date.

Fix this **** already! Scrap the juice concept -- GET. RID. OF. IT. -- and nerf the assassin's bullcrap. There is NO REASON to have juice. Turtles in this game are easy as **** to break. Supports crumple like paper under any actual pressure and turrets are pushovers when more than one person is focus firing (or a single person is out of the turrets range spamming it to death(. Juice is just so unnecessary its not even funny. Damn it ruins this game so hard.
  11. Obsydianyte

Obsydianyte New Member

I think they should just make it crazy expensive. If you don't buy skills, Juice is very easy to buy.

However, if it costs, say, $1500 a pop, let's see who'll have the money to juice chain then.
  12. Ian

Ian New Member

I love that new guy. Took the words right out of my mouth.
  13. Jraw20

Jraw20 New Member

I found my new hero. Next to Chuck Norris' beard, of course.
  14. Liefglinde

Liefglinde New Member

It's funny because the Assassin does not have anywhere close to the turrent bashing power that the Gunner has.

As much as I hate to say this, learn how to play. Assassins are easily crowd controlled when juiced, and if you stop them from lane pushing they won't get juice at all. Assaults, Gunners, Snipers, and Tanks can easily deal with Assassins, juiced or unjuiced. Supports and Assassins really can't do much about a juiced Assassin, but how fair would it be if every single class had a counter for her?
  15. BroTranquilty

BroTranquilty New Member

Support doesn't have too many. He can still grapple once though, that wastes some of the juicer's time. If he is exceptional, he can perform the "hug of death" (throw an airstrike on the ground near you and the turret, and then grapple the assassin, holding you both there for the explosion).

Other assassins aren't capable of doing much to juiced assassins though. Best bet is to grapple and then smoke-bomb. If its a level 3 smokebomb, it may blind pretty decently.
  16. CStubing

CStubing New Member

I never thought there was an issue with it, but it does seem like juice is hurting the game lately. It tends to contribute to a kind of chain reaction in the power struggle of the game, which is hard to overcome in most cases, and I would say practically impossible to overcome when people juice chain.
  17. sensitivepsycho

sensitivepsycho New Member

Juice and I have a strange relationship. When I see people rampage through a base without touching the downed Moneyball once, I herp and derp about how unfair and ridiculous the whole concept is. However, when I see a player break a turtling team's base wide open, I thank several deities. Some kind of stalemate-breaking game mechanic is necessary, no matter what you guys say. If defending ever becomes easier than attacking, this game will be broken.

The Assassin's Juice rate will be fine once her damage done to Turrets is scaled down, as in the PC version. Juice should have a personal cost increase by $250 every time you buy it.

I think the real question is the following:

Why did Uber troll us by including a ProTag for Juicing 7 times in one match?
  18. Randomdude02

Randomdude02 Member

*clears throat*

Lol wut?
  19. Ian

Ian New Member

I have a few ideas to try and balance Juice. I might think them out a bit more and post them in a bit
  20. Liefglinde

Liefglinde New Member

2 things. 1. Not only is her damage being nerfed, so is her juice gain. Yay for double nerfs. 2. I find if hilarious that her damage is being reduced, but the power of juiced mortars to destroy a level 3 Rockit in 2 shots remains intact.