Joining adjacent wall segments together

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by Nayzablade, January 20, 2014.

1. Nayzablade

Nayzablade Active Member

Hi all...I just had an idea..

Currently walls are a singular block unit.

Now with the new line building coming online and area commands and all that, I think it would look good ascetically if the wall sections flowed into each other graphically when built adjacent to each other. That way you could have a solid-looking block of wall instead of disjointed segments.

This has been done many times in previous rts games. Personally I think it would fit well into PA.

Thoughts...?
    stormingkiwi likes this.
  2. uncrustable

uncrustable New Member

3. Arachnis

Arachnis Well-Known Member

Sounds good to me. Depends on how hard it would be to implement. Couldn't a modder just do that with the current tools available? Not sure.
  4. Nayzablade

Nayzablade Active Member

It would involve merging the wall textures together to make it look smooth...no idea if that is moddable or not
  5. brianpurkiss

brianpurkiss Post Master General

Lots of threads on this out there.

If I remember correctly, Uber is working on this. Or will work on this. Don't quote me on that though.

Even so.

Connected walls is a REALLY low priority compared to everything else.
    carlorizzante likes this.
  6. jodarklighter

jodarklighter Active Member

Currently I've still seen units (bots specifically) magically squeeze through the really tiny gaps between wall segments. Probably a bug though.