Join the MNC ladder at ClanBase

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Clans, Team, and Tournament' started by romeozor, March 8, 2011.

1. romeozor

romeozor New Member

Hi players and clans!

I would like to invite you all to play in the ClanBase Monday Night Combat ladder. You can read more about it here: http://clanbase.ggl.com/news.php?nid=355109

Depending on the number of clans that join, a featured cup will surely follow!

I welcome any feedback.
  2. grimbar

grimbar New Member

Why would you disallow the mascot?
    Why would you disallow custom classes?
    Why does it have to be highlander?
    And how would I be supposed to record POV demos when they don't work?

Just some stuff to think about.
    Last edited: March 8, 2011
  3. OD78891

OD78891 New Member

I have to agree, this is starting to look a lot like the PAX East MNC tourney.
  4. Awpteamoose

Awpteamoose Active Member

5. DehydratedWater

DehydratedWater New Member

LOL no custom classes

Okay, so nobody will be playing sniper or assassin, then.
  6. Bakey

Bakey New Member

Did you even bother asking the community at ALL before you just made up a set of rules apparently at random?

Highlander's one thing, but forcing Juice, Mascot, and Custom Classes to be False is just begging for no one to come play.
  7. zanarias

zanarias Member

Did you contact any of the clan representatives in this list (viewtopic.php?f=34&t=7520) and ask any of them what they thought about the rules? Especially considering these are the people who'd be filling up your ladder/league?

Clearly you haven't asked 3-4 of us so I'm guessing no, but even with a quick glance around the competitive section's threads you can tell that everyone here thinks DEFAULT DEFAULT DEFAULT for rules. I am truly amazed that you've changed so many things despite obvious opposition to those exact modifications.
  8. DehydratedWater

Some people aren't as clever as others.
  9. killien

killien Active Member

So one team doesn't just roll the other by going full X class. 6 decent Assassins would be difficult to deal with, even if the other team is of higher skill
    TWL did similar with BadCompany2. In those ladders each team is only allowed a certain number of Medics because it was extremely difficult for the truly good players to keep them down
    A bit wtf, but makes sense. Make people work with what they're given, not what they can make
    Fraps

Rulesets like that are usually to make people win on their own skills instead of skills they can gain
    Either way, I don't care much for ladders
  10. DehydratedWater

you do realize half the damaging abilities in the game 1 hit kill default sins and snipers at level 2-3, right?

and 6 sins would have low damage output.

they could class limit to 3 and fix that.

this is not bf2.

what if my computer cant run fraps (harsh frame drop making it unplayable)?
  11. killien

killien Active Member

Yea on both, but kills alone won't win a Crossfire game. If you can't get your bots to the enemy moneyball, it won't matter if your team gets 5 kills or 500
    Yea, maybe
    No, really? I hadn't noticed.
    BC2 was used as an example of class limiting
    Hell if I know, I'm not a CB staffer