Jig Explosion

Discussion in 'Balance Discussions' started by julien119, January 1, 2015.

1. julien119

julien119 Member

Hey,

So what are Uber's plans on the Jig Explosion. As it stand now jig explosion actually helps entrench jigs on a gas giant. If an avenger tries to attack a jig it explodes. This means you are either microing avengers to kill jigs leaving them vulnerable to attack or you are losing tons of units with the explosion. I like the idea of jigs taking out jigs near them but avengers should fire from a further distance meaning then would be taken down unless a chain reaction does happen. I also wouldn't be opposed to new orbital units that could help with this.

- Julien
  2. bengeocth

bengeocth Post Master General

That's true, I lose all of my avengers after just half of the jigs are eliminated, and the enemy is still receiving substantial econ from them.
  3. eroticburrito

eroticburrito Post Master General

Probably time for a longer ranged orbital unit. That or have the SXX fulfil this sniper role - it looks pretty cool on its side.
    killerkiwijuice likes this.
  4. killerkiwijuice

killerkiwijuice Post Master General

More orbital units ftw!!!!

Something like orbital warfare overhaul.. but more professional (not that it's unprofessional, it's just not something I could see in vanilla PA)
    sigmud2 and davostheblack like this.
  5. takfloyd

takfloyd Active Member

Back when we were discussing the bad balance on orbital and gas giants, we collected a bunch of alternatives to how these aspects could be solved better.

The exploding jig solution was one of my suggestions, but I presented it as a temporary fix, while waiting for a more extensive overhaul. I hope that will be the case. We really need a long range orbital cruiser for dealing with Jigs and Anchors, while Avengers get nerfed against anchors but counter the cruiser.
  6. g0hstreaper

g0hstreaper Well-Known Member

Possibly implement some of the ideas (but dont just copy paste) from orbital overhaul? I do agree and I actually do use the jigs as a defensive structure especially when I am fighting fora gas giant because the BOOM is just so good at killing more avengers than my avengers could ever
  7. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

yeah it just got worse.
  8. pagabumba

pagabumba New Member

What about anchor turrets? They're firing to air units without rotating to their direction.
  9. Jackbandanna

Jackbandanna Active Member

If the gas planet has lots of jigs (usually in a line around the gas giant), I will send my fighters to an uninhabited part of the gas giant. Then send them on patrol over the entire planet. Does a good job blowing up every one of them and minimizes unit losses per jig.
    Last edited: January 12, 2015
  10. Diaboy

Diaboy Active Member

I'm not so keen on the idea of a "space cruiser" as of such, as I do not like the 'space is an ocean' approach, but maybe something like a missile bus that has long range? That's just an visual stand point, of course. Would fit in to the almost hard sci-fi aesthetic the orbital units have.

I've also noticed that the AI don't seem to attack any of my jigs during play on Normal difficulty, which makes things rather too easy.
  11. Geers

Geers Post Master General

lolwut. Nothing in this game is hard sci-fi.
  12. Diaboy

Diaboy Active Member

Haha, I know, I hesitated on typing that - but you know, solar panels, satellites - not just boats/fighter jets in space...
  13. Geers

Geers Post Master General

[​IMG]

Also solar panels. Just sayin' :D.
    Diaboy likes this.
  14. Diaboy

Diaboy Active Member

Okay, you got me there :)

(But you know what I mean, right???)
    Geers likes this.