It's scary how...

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 General Discussion' started by TeenTerror, August 21, 2010.

1. TeenTerror

TeenTerror New Member

...many Gunners are starting to overun this game...
  2. xxxScorpion

xxxScorpion New Member

Let them come. I have plenty of shurikens to give out for adoring fans.
  3. Vike113

Vike113 New Member

Don't forget their shiny backs that are oh-so-easy to grapple. ;)
  4. metalsnake27

metalsnake27 New Member

Good, more gunners=more hate mail when im assassin =D
  5. razman360

razman360 Member

I don't play assassin often but I wouldve thought the grapple isn't great for gunners due to their high health and slam.
    However, I have more than enough sniper rounds to carefully place into each and every one of their empty bald heads ;)
  6. Dystopia

Dystopia New Member

High health and slam aren't going to save them when they're that slow, with a back that large. Just like dual miniguns aren't going to save them when my waves of crit shurikens meet their face from outside their falloff range.
  7. Rawdell210

Rawdell210 New Member

rawr gunners for the win baby. Ide be scared to =P
  8. Briq

Briq New Member

You can't really blame them considering how easy it is to do well with the class. They were designed this way and people are starting to find out that you really don't need any sort of strategy or plan to do well on a gunner.
  9. Ownage Messiah

Ownage Messiah New Member

Strategy lies in every class. Just because your head is shoved to far up your classes *** to realise it shouldnt give you the idea that your class is good and every other is bad.

If Uber put it in the game then theres a reason for it so quit this petty back and forth with every person that uses the class you hate the most, its childish. I thought most of you people that played this game was 20 and over.
  10. rhineville

rhineville Member

You mean more fodder that doesn't know they should use slam when I approach with my shotty? Cool!

Seriously why don't gunners slam me away after I bring them down to 1/2 health in the first shot...
  11. Trademark

Trademark New Member

I haven't noticed more gunners than usual to be honest and it doesn't really bother me either since gunners are my favourite thing to snipe!
  12. TeenTerror

TeenTerror New Member

No need to start getting on fired up...I wasn't hating on the class, just simply observing the fact that ALOT of people are using them. I know how to counter them, so it's not a big deal.

Although, I am not much of a sniper, or assassin player :lol:
  13. Cornstalk

Cornstalk New Member

For the same reason they won't every switch to the Mortar even though that weapon is amazing.

For the same reason they forget they can grapple people that are foolish enough to get close.

The mini gun is stupid mode. I've done it myself a few times. :oops:
  14. Ownage Messiah

I wasnt talking to you, i was talking to Briq.
  15. razman360

razman360 Member

Gunner requires less strategy than any other class in my opinion. Out of them all, it's the most straight forward class to use, which would be why it's being attracted to the noobier players. Easiest decent K/D probably. I think people are slowly beginning to realise assassin isn't as simple as it first seemed...
  16. Ownage Messiah

??? so its your idea that a perfect team is a full team of defenders?? I thought it was a smart idea to push the enemys back to their spawn. So to you it doesnt matter if you win or lose so much but if you win or lose useing the class that the community as a whole thinks is the hardest to use.

So go ahead and call me a noob, tell me i have no skill. None of that will matter when ur flying off the side of the map or getting 15 bullets shot at you every second.

Okay okay im gonna be like the whole community for a second.
    Assassin - The worst class in the game (exept if im useing it)
    Tank - The Worst class in the game (exept if im useing it)
    Gunner - The worst class in the game (exept if im useing it)
    Assult - The worst class in the game (exept if im useing it)
    Sniper -The worst class in the game (exept if im useing it)
    Support - The worst class in the game (exept if im useing it)
  17. Intricasm

Intricasm New Member

While I agree to some degree that the Gunner requires less strategy when people just use him as a random slayer that they run around the map with, playing the class(and every class in this game) correctly does take strategy. I see many gunners just running around the map blasting that minigun at every person they see, in fact I used to do that before I realized how good the Mortar was, and how I wasn't exactly helping my team in the best way I could.

A proper Gunner(in my opinion) can push and hold a lane almost completely by themselves. While it's nice having a good K/D ratio, it's much..nicer? Yeah. I say that's a word... To push a lane and take out all of the enemy team's turrets with a few well placed mortar shots.

Here are some of my 'rules' as a gunner.

• Don't just think you need to go all over the map killing people, have a REASON for killing someone.
      Don't try to shoot a sniper from across the map with your minigun. Switch to your mortar, get behind something, and pelt them with bombs by arching your shots.
      DO NOT FORGET YOUR MORTAR! You have quite possibly the best weapon available to deal with enemy turrets, use the damned thing.
      Whenever a Tank, Support, or Assassin get anywhere near you, SLAM! It turns them into easy kills, and deprives the enemy team of some key players(unless said classes/players aren't any good, then you're just doing the world a favor.)
  18. razman360

razman360 Member

Intricasm, I know that the possibilities for the gunner are much more than spraying and racking up kills, as I often use the mortar myself, which totally decimates turrets. I was just stating how, to a novice, this class is likely the easiest to achieve the best K/D after just pciking up the game.

And, Messiah, I don't often play assassin. Your post consisted of assumptions about how I play and what I beleive and you're wrong. I only commented to begin with because of how you blatantly overreacted to another members post and I thought it was worth supporting that, as his comment, I think, was true.
  19. Intricasm

Intricasm New Member

Oh I know that's what you meant, I quoted the parts of your post that I found true.
  20. Ownage Messiah

How was i overreacting? All i was doing was sticking up for myself since i always use the gunner. We all have classes that we hate, but to put that hate into the forum doesnt fly with me. I have the decency to hold back my true thoughts concerning people that use certain classes. So to get support from people all i need to do is share my negative and streotypical thoughts on everyone that uses the class i hate the most? Ok let me give this another try.

Assassin - Takes no skill ( exept if im useing it )
    Tank - Takes no skill ( exept if im useing it )
    Gunner - Takes no skill ( exept if im useing it )
    Sniper - Takes no skill ( exept if im useing it )
    Support - Takes no skill ( exept if im useing it )
    Assult -Takes no skill ( exept if im useing it )