Issues with landing zones in system designer

Discussion in 'Mapping and stuff' started by scandalistt, January 10, 2015.

1. scandalistt

scandalistt New Member

I'm not sure if this is a bug or user error, but the system designer really seems hellbent on creating multiple landing zones for each player when I want only one for each player. When I try to remove the second one with advanced edit, it disappears; but when I leave the editing dialogue for the planet and zoom in on it without selecting it, the second landing zone persists as if it's trying to hide from me.

I've tried exporting my system and forcing it to only create one landing zone for each player, but doing so causes all of my csg to get tossed around and changed completely, and thus becomes even more of a frustrating ordeal. Is there some way I can remove this secondary starting zone without the system designer flipping out?

I can upload pictures if there is confusion with my issue.
  2. frostsatir

frostsatir Active Member

Yea system designer looks pretty hard and buggy at this time, but i can give you a some tips about landing zones:
    1) All depends on the number of players on the map. If you are create 2 landing zones on 1 planet system you can't start game with more than 2 players (if more, your starting zones get change automatically)
    2)in multiple planet systems.If you want create own starting zones on 2 planets for 6 players (for example), you should create 6 landinding zones on each one.
  3. goofyz3

goofyz3 Active Member

If i want to make a 2vs2 player map how do i make the landing zones so that i have team one on south pole and team two on north. Because i believe that is not possible to make.
    warrenkc likes this.
  4. warrenkc

warrenkc Active Member

Yes, please answer this if you can.
  5. lorodion

lorodion Member

I would like to know how to do this as well...
  6. guest1

guest1 Active Member

There is no way to do this currently, as far as I know. Jables said they were looking into it a while back, but it's probably not a priority.
  7. Wrekriem

Wrekriem New Member

I really hope someone is looking at this, the way landing zones aren't symmetrical along the line of symmetry (North South) is very frustrating in creating fair maps. It seems simple to set up the zones in 1v1, but with team games and with share armies the game will randomly add new landing zones in unwanted places, or enemies will spawn on the same side of the line of symmetry.

I'd really appreciate any help fixing this if anyone has any ideas! My friends and I have experimented with it to no end trying to create fair 2v2/3v3/4v4 maps, using the standard automatic generation and using the advanced landing zone placement system. It just seems that the landing zones want to be East vs West rather than North vs South.

Thanks!
  8. trialq

trialq Post Master General

If all else fails, can't you manually edit the pas to have the landing zones north and south? Export to pas, then replace the landing zones with this (example is for radius 500 planet):
    Code:
    "landing_zones": [
      [
      ],
      [
      ]
    ]

Assuming by 2v2 you mean shared army.
  9. warrenkc

warrenkc Active Member

Yes that works for shared armies. But the glaring problem is for normal team games it is completely random.
  10. trialq

trialq Post Master General

Maybe the order in the pas file is important. It would make sense to cycle through the landing zones, assigning one to each team in turn (ABCDABCD, etc). Worth investigating, someone probably already has.
  11. warrenkc

warrenkc Active Member

Has been tried.
  12. Wrekriem

Wrekriem New Member

I really hope they make the landing zone systems more robust in the system designer. I'll look into the pas files, though haven't played with that aspect of modding/map editing before. It seems a little over the top to get a core system working fairly.
    warrenkc likes this.