Issues with Dedicated Servers

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Dedicated Server Discussion' started by faded, January 31, 2011.

1. faded

faded New Member

Hello,

I own a dedicated box in Chicago and I seem to be having some issues..

Issue #1 I am attempting to host 3 different servers with 3 different IPS using the -multihome. All 3 servers are booting fine with the proper IP's from what I can see but the odd thing is, 2 servers show 12/12 players but if you connect via open ip:port, they are empty.. (Through TCAdmin)..

Issue #2 Im also hosting a server via a .bat file just to see if anyone connects and no one is. From what Ive been told, my friend cant even find the server (Note: I do not have the game just trying to help a friend who wants me to host for him) but yet again he can connect via open ip:port which is odd then I can see him connect.

No Ports are Blocked and Firewalls have been disabled! So its not a port issue.

Question #1: If I use multihome in the command line, do I still need to increase the serverinstance for each server? Or would I just keep them all at 0 since they are using different IP's?

Question #2: When I booted the .bat server the first time, I always had a full server.. Since Ive done work with TCAdmin, seems like no one can connect to either or through the browser window..

Question #3: If using multihome with different addresses, all ports can be the same still correct? Ive been reading so much some say yes and some say no.. As well what is the actual Query Port? 7778 or 27015? Thanks guys

Can anyone test these for me and provide some input?
    Thanks a lot.

P.S. I can be contacted on steam: jayisunfaithful

Thanks a lot guys
    Last edited: February 1, 2011
  2. racquemis

racquemis New Member

since hte game runs on unreal 3 engine the mulihome parameter is available but currently the parameter is not supported. you should use a single IP and the instance parameter.
  3. faded

faded New Member

So officially what is the query port then?
    In my default config, everything was 7777, (I figured it was 7778) but as far as what Ive been reading, its been said it was 27015.. Any ideas? (Would this conflict with other Steam Servers?)

Thanks guys
  4. racquemis

racquemis New Member

currently since the game uses the steam query protocols it uses their query ports aswell so it can conflict with other game servers
    Currently the game support 15 instances so you can use connections ports between 7777-7791 and for the query ports: 27016-27030

the query ports can not be configured using the ini's, any reference to a query port in the ini files are Unreal Engine remnants, MNC does not use it.
    The Serverinstance number is the number that will be added to the base ports (7777 & 27016)

The whole query procedure including the ports could be being updated in one of the next updates, which probably won't be using the steam protocols anymore.