Is this what MNC has become?

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 General Discussion' started by zarakon, August 29, 2010.

1. zarakon

zarakon Active Member

Team 1:
    Assassin
    Assault
    Support
    Support
    Support

Team 2:
    Sniper
    Sniper
    Support
    Support
    Support
    Support
  2. Phobos zYn

Phobos zYn New Member

I love it when the other team is almost all Support. It makes beating them a lot easier :D . The Tank's jetgun, the Gunner's mortar, and even the Sniper can all take out firebases and enemy turrets very easily.
  3. komanderkyle

komanderkyle New Member

i know exactly how you feel
    it really shows how bad the team is
  4. metalsnake27

metalsnake27 New Member

Was just playing a match, our team had 4 supports and a sniper... really?
  5. TemptedNZ

TemptedNZ New Member

Noticed an increase in support, all on my team, lost practically every game last night, while they potter about in base the entire enemy team has joined us there.

I ended up fragging more than the next five members on my team, by six frags, and while you could say KD isn't important let me tell you, actually killing people bloody well is.
  6. L3377MA573R

L3377MA573R New Member

The situation you described depicts supports who are simply idiots. While I rarely encounter that many supports, they are sitting ducks for snipers.

If they were smart, they'd multi-buff a gunner or 2 and simply blow past everything. Anything short of a sniper would make it extremely difficult to defeat him.
  7. whoismiked

whoismiked Active Member

This, Honestly teams setup like that are very easy to beat
  8. Floc Army

Floc Army New Member

More supports = more easy headshots from my sniper rifle and a lot more money from their destroyed firebases.
  9. Cornstalk

Cornstalk New Member

I'm actually seeing this as more of the normal...

TEAM 1:
    Gunner
    Gunner
    Gunner
    Gunner
    Support
    Assassin

TEAM 2:
    Assassin
    Assassin
    Assassin
    Assault
    Support
    Gunner

They games -could- be over in about 3-4 minutes if the gunners actually pushed. But they usually just kill camp the whole game only to lose in OT because Assassins and Assault can juice the ball faster.

Honestly, both teams are just embarrassingly bad, but the gunner team usually ends up with someone having 30 kills and the next having 20 or so because gunner is such a ridiculous easy mode.
  10. StriderHoang

StriderHoang New Member

Hey, more power to the people who think/lucky enough to be on a team who thinks.

Supports can camp behind their goddamn firebases for all I care. I might complicate my bot push but I'd like to see them push with their primarily defensive tools.

Then there are the gunner teams. We might win, but it sure is a pain in the *** to be playing in a game where the forecast is a blizzard of lead.
  11. Snappyguy

Snappyguy New Member

I've been seeing

T1- 6xAssasin
    T2 -6xTank

Then they all swap respectively :roll:
  12. HagenMichiel

HagenMichiel New Member

While most supports are indeed playing defensively. I use my support offensively. I pick a spot near their base to deploy. It takes out all the bots on that side while i airstrike the turrets. Once the turrets are down i overheal some bots so they make it to the ball and by that time i am juiced and take the ball to half health.

Yes, i am describing the ideal situation. But works out well more often than it does not.
  13. Rolo

Rolo New Member

Not as far as I've seen, occasionally I'll come across an unbalanced team, but for the most part it has been a good mix.
  14. Amaranth

Amaranth New Member

My favourite is when I wait like 30 seconds to see what my team is doing, then make a choice, then everyone else picks the EXACT SAME CLASS.
  15. HagenMichiel

HagenMichiel New Member

That never happens to me. I always wait 31 seconds and do not know what to pick, so i pick what the player before me picked. His choice must be good, not?
  16. Rolo

Rolo New Member

No. Ideally, you'd want to pick a class that helps round out the team, not copy what someone else is using. This isn't a FFA death match, the game is very team oriented.
  17. HagenMichiel

HagenMichiel New Member

I am sorry. I have a disease called optiofobia where making choices is very hard for me.
    This method is much less stressfull to me.
  18. Amaranth

Amaranth New Member

:mrgreen: :mrgreen:
  19. faits

faits New Member

It's a good method. But if there are already three or four of one class, don't you think that is probably the best class to choose?

I think there has to be a good reason those three or four people already chose that class, at least. I don't know if having these two options (choosing the class the most people chose, or choosing the class the last person chose) is too much for your optiophobia. But hopefully it isn't.
  20. HagenMichiel

HagenMichiel New Member

Yeah well, another problem is i cant really decide what to do once in the game. So picking the same class allows me to exactly copy what the other player does.
    For example when the other player goes over to buy 2 levels of a turret, i buy the 3rd level. I dont really understand, but since he is doing it, it must be the right turret on the right spot, might as well make it the best turret available then.
    When the other player puts his fireturret down, i will put it just in front of him. If i put it behind him he might think i am abusing his fireturret to protect mine, now he knows i didnt mean for that!
    It seems to work out great for me!