Is this game dying?

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Discussion' started by Runie, March 9, 2011.

?

Are you unhappy with the way the game is?

1. Yes, the game is dying

28 vote(s)
    29.8%
  2. Yes, the game is imbalanced

9 vote(s)
    9.6%
  3. No, the game is fine as is

23 vote(s)
    24.5%
  4. No, but the game could be better

34 vote(s)
    36.2%
  1. Runie

Runie New Member

Just a poll to get a general idea of how people feel.

Edit: Feel free to throw ideas but don't turn this into a giant debate. This thread is not about proving who's right and wrong so please restrain yourselves from calling each other morons.

Also feel free to spread this poll to everyone you know who plays the game so we can get a better sample.
  2. GheP

GheP New Member

First of all, I don't think forum visitors here would be inclined to post "yes," simply because of the fact that since they are here, they probably enjoy the game.

Secondly, I love this game. There are a few bugs, but that's part of the reason why I enjoy it :p
  3. AmazeTheory

AmazeTheory New Member

Game is fine as it is. Uber are a small company and have done a fantastic job. PC and Xbox versions have done well. I hope they continue to improve it and continue being a game company.
  4. Polynomial

Polynomial Moderator Alumni

What's the point of this doom and gloom thread?
  5. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

If you want an idea of how many people are playing the game go to the weekly leaderboards and see how many players are listed.

I can't say for the PC version but for the 360 version there are about 2,000 players and it's been out since August for us.
  6. Runie

Runie New Member

Because I am tired of seeing people posting **** like THIS GAME IS DYING without anything to back it up. So here, I want everyone who has said that to put in their two cents and send this to everyone they know who plays the game.
  7. tymeo

tymeo New Member

Just checked how many players are online right now. 166 players playing with 10 servers full. Please take into account that this is 10:30 AM PST. You can decide and interpret the data as you will.

I wished the made bots stronger so maps don't feel so stagnant. Right now, you end up trying to control the same parts of the map. It becomes repetitive quickly. If fights revolved more around the bots, games will be become a lot more dynamic.

I want options for bigger servers too. That might be fun.
  8. Col_Jessep

Col_Jessep Moderator Alumni

Player numbers depend more on advertisements than game quality. MNC did well while it was advertised on Steam. We need a special, free weekend or something that puts MNC back on the featured games list to get an increase in active players again. It's sad but it's the truth. We can hope that Uber's continued support and new content will bring old players back but you need to be on the frontpage in the steam store to get a significant increase of new players.
  9. Mail

Mail New Member

Considering there's an update coming up shortly, I think that's probably going to net them that feature. I don't doubt they have some publicity stuff planned for while they're at PAX.
  10. vortexcontinuum

vortexcontinuum Active Member

Is the game dieing for me? No, this game is amazing.

The community (In population)? Yes, the numbers have been steadily declining. It's really a shame this game doesn't have more players, but I'm hopeful future updates will liven things up. Many people prefer the infinitely simpler shooters.
  11. hickwarrior

hickwarrior New Member

I don't think it is dying. I mean, uberent would be forced to pull the plug if it did. Or we would at least rumours that it'd happen.

Also, some people need to learn that some companies make games that they'd like to play.

And on a last note, maybe I should get on again? I dunno, kinda hate the random nature of pubs. And I hate frustration, so there you have that.
  12. goathax

goathax New Member

Balance issues were getting a little obnoxious so I took a break for Assassin's Creed 2. By the time I finish and come back, all the servers are empty. o_O
  13. vortexcontinuum

vortexcontinuum Active Member

Just go around Airstrike-grappling people with Support. All the stress melts away.

Elaborate? Only problems I see are Lazers and Assault.
  14. goathax

goathax New Member

Mostly assault. I really wanna see assassin facegrapple take a hit, too, because even though it's usually a path to suicide, it does just enough damage that people won't stop ******* doing it and that forces everyone to take armor endorsements. It's just obnoxious and anti-fun. (I say this as someone who plays assassin as one of his two main classes.)

Also I feel like Gunner and Support really need some love
  15. BroTranquilty

BroTranquilty New Member

What needs to happen, is I need to constantly play guitar hero with my MNC logos all over my stuff, and advertize the game there.

No, seriously though, we should all speak better of this game than a tf2-clone to our friends. If we find it is worth playing, build it's playerbase. Don't expect for it to expand on it's own, great game or not.
  16. eternal

eternal New Member

That is true of just about everything. A lot of people hate to admit it, but its simply true: sheeple exist. Sure you might not be one of them, but they do exist.

Justin Bieber's movie grossed 3x on opening day of that of 127hours in 10weeks. Popularity doesn't always equate quality. Just as being "underground/indie" doesn't always equate innovative.

COD Black Ops on PS3 and PC suffer from enough bugs and problems that some places in europe are forcing retailers to give refunds as the product could be considered "defective" (there is a pending lawsuit about the quality of the release) however the game is the highest selling game on the PS3 of all time.
  17. Arth

Arth New Member

tuesday - 345
    wednesday - 330
    as of today its 154 different users, but ofcourse the day hasn't ended yet.

this is what steam says btw.
  18. FatCatAttack

FatCatAttack New Member

It's dying. I play some night owl games and before the server list displaying non empty severs was scrollable but now there's no scroll bar. The list of servers won't even reach the bottom of the display. Also the servers available with less than 100 ping are a lot fewer for me. The game is already pretty janky with the grappling so playing with higher ping would be.... unpleasant.

Midmatch quitting is commonplace now. Especially among the higher ranked people. Just now some guys left a Spunky Cola match when they got ringed out a couple of times and left even though it was a pretty even fight overalll. Of course when they dropped, it instantly turned into a roll.
  19. DehydratedWater

DehydratedWater New Member

I think one problem is that winning doesn't matter.
    You get $1000 extra, and have literally nothing to spend it on. I have somewhere around 2m cash on hand and no good use for it, so what difference does it make if I win or lose, there is nothing to be gained from winning.
  20. BroTranquilty

BroTranquilty New Member

The grappling is affecting it for now. There is probably 200+ people waiting for the patch that adds stuff and removes that.

Post-Patch: My steam-scouter shows the player-base is... OVER 9000!!!