Is there a MiniMap or something hidden/coming?

Discussion in 'Support!' started by xanath, October 1, 2013.

1. xanath

xanath New Member

Just curious, because once you are under attack, too much time is wasted zooming around aimlessly to firugre out where and how that attack is being done. A miniMap would be great in generally, but even a little blip icon from the closest Radar dish to the attack in one of the corners of the screen that tyou could click on that would wisk you right to the battle would be great.

It's currently frusttrating and to much of a chore to find exactly what where is happening.

If there is something like that coming, that's great news. If it's always in the game and I'm missing it, please feel free to point it out to me, helpful players. :)
  2. KNight

KNight Post Master General

Do a Forum search for Minimap.

Mike
  3. Ringworm

Ringworm Active Member

In the early days, Neutrino was against the idea of a mini map, and people mostly accepted that.
    So many people have asked for one now though, that the developers have since changed their minds.
    There are (according to Neutrino) several ways of going about it that they want to try out.

Short answer, none yet, coming soon(ish).
  4. Daddie

Daddie Member

No.. no minimap.. I believe they are looking into viewports. Viewports are are much better way of keeping track on the PA battlefield.
  5. beer4blood

beer4blood Active Member

Ever roll the mouse wheel backward???? I don't see the issue...... I have no problem finding my threats on planet. View port would be great for other planets that you aren't currently zoomed to
  6. xiggy

xiggy New Member

I would use the ability to change views and save them. I think the hot keys are SHIFT + number, then ALT + number to go back to the view.

I would like a key to go directly to last combat message though. You get a sound, then you have to find the action. Some other games you hit space to go to the most recent message. I would like something like that. I expect there will be some changes to the interface over the next few months to smooth out some of the rough spots.