Is it possible to set the cursor even if it is above a UI element?

Discussion in 'Mod Discussions' started by cola_colin, May 15, 2015.

1. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

I want to set the cursor to "attack" or "move" or similar and I want to to show as that while over some UI elements. Is that possible? It seems engine.call("set_command_mode", "attack"); sets it only to "attack" while it is above holodecks.
  2. wondible

wondible Post Master General

If changing the default pointer in the cursor atlas works, I could see about pulling atlas message all the way out into a support mod.
    cola_colin likes this.
  3. cola_colin

Right that indeed is the way to do it. Thanks. Personally I'll be fine to do it myself, so no need for a support mod from my side.
    It'll require to shadow the atlas though, as atm there is not a single javascript file loaded in it xD
  4. cola_colin

Hmm so I can mod the scene, but I cant get it to be recognized under a name that I can send messages to.
    There seem to be magic global variables:
    gPanelPageId
    gPanelPageName
    gPanelParentId

that have something to do with this, but I cant find where they are set and why.

Any ideas?
  5. wondible

wondible Post Master General

Atlas pages aren't registered as addressable scenes with ids and things. Thus why I mentioned atlas message (currently embedded in strategic filters)
    cola_colin likes this.
  6. cola_colin

Ahhhh okay so you write and poll the local storage.
    Great idea.
  7. masterdigital

masterdigital Uber Alumni

I am curious why you want to do this.
  8. cola_colin

I am using it for this mod: https://forums.uberent.com/threads/rel-the-ubermap.68808/
    Basically I am rendering a full screen projected map of a planet. I allow the user to select units and give them commands by clicking on the map.
    So I need to display the specific mouse cursor on the map. The map is drawn via a combination of an svg image as the landscape and a html canvas for the icons. So UI "elements" above which I need to display a specific cursor for the currently selected command.

EDIT:
    epic paint skills image making it clear:
    [​IMG]
  9. cola_colin

So my solution involved the cursor atlas that existed until a few patches ago.
    With that removed I don't have a solution anymore.

Any possible new solution? Could we have an API call to set the default cursor maybe? I basically had built that using the cursor atlas.