Is it possible to Edit the Server-Scripts?

Discussion in 'Mod Discussions' started by tstvortex, August 27, 2015.

1. tstvortex

tstvortex New Member

A buddy of mine wants to create and implement new commanders to the game via modding.

We were able to create, implement and even build the commanders and use them within the "Live Game" (so the unit works!!). However we are sitting with the 'commander_manager' file in the Server Script section of the game files and we've realised that server script files aren't shadowed like client files can be.

Additionally despite adding our "hero_hero" unit to the 'Default Commander' list like so;

function commanderSpec(name) { return '/pa/units/commanders/' + name + '/' + name + '.json'; }
    var default_commanders = _.map(['raptor_centurion', 'raptor_rallus', 'tank_aeson', 'quad_osiris', 'raptor_nemicus', 'imperial_invictus', 'hero_hero'], commanderSpec

The game prefers to overwrite the file when we try to load up Multiplayer lobbies rather than display our shiney new custom commander as a playable captain.

Any thoughts chaps?
  2. mikeyh

mikeyh Post Master General

Only on a local or custom server.

There is currently no way to mod server-script on Uber servers.
  3. wondible

wondible Post Master General

I believe that the file is shadowed (or at least was, back when the server-script cheat mods were in use), but the server loads pretty much every file on startup, long before applying mods. This is really just nitpicking though, the effect is unmoddable, as mikeyh said.
  4. tstvortex

tstvortex New Member

Cheers for the fast responses!

By "local server" do you mean servers hosted over LAN or dedicated servers?

I suppose its no biggie that we can't use Uber Servers to play with our custom commanders just yet.
  5. mikeyh

mikeyh Post Master General

Any server where you have access to the file system and can modify server-script.