Interested in a tournament?

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Discussion' started by Myst, July 24, 2011.

1. Myst

Myst New Member

PROJECT ON HOLD UNTIL SMNC COMES OUT - ITS GONNA BE BIG

Raw Messiah (RWM) will be hosting a tournament for Monday Night Combat, with prizes for 1st, and possibly 2nd/3rd places as well - if you would like to play please fill out your details on the below spreadsheet (if you notice your details have already been entered, please verify them and stick a "Y" or "Yes" in the Tournament Participation column):

https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreads ... g6AJ#gid=2

RWM Tournament Admins:

Myst (http://steamcommunity.com/id/Mr_ious/)
    Awpteamoose (http://steamcommunity.com/id/awpteamoose/)
    Vlane (http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198005336292/)

Tournament Format:

Tournament will be organised as a double elimination bracket but we would like to have at least 12 teams signed up before we start creating the bracket.
    Once the bracket has been created, we will give teams a week to organise a time for their matches, and we will make sure a RWM admin will be available and on call for the duration of each match.
    A team which fails to show up will automatically forfeit the game so please ensure match times are clearly communicated and agreed in advance. We suggest using a world clock to organise international match times.

RWM will be providing servers in Germany and New York, but any other server donations would be greatly appreciated.

In order to avoid a conflict of interests, core RWM members are not eligible to sign up, however RWM would like to arrange a bonus match against the winners of the tournament.

If you don't have a team, you can still sign up and we will try to match you up with other players in your region.
    We are also offering our Mumble server to teams who would like a voice chat service.

Rules:

Default server rules (No class limits, 15 minute game, 2 minute OT, juice buying/mascot/hazards on)
    All games should be played 6v6. If a team fails to show up with 6 people the match can still be played, but the opposing team is under no obligation to play with less than 6 players.
    Best of 3
    Map Striking will be used to decide which maps are to be played. A virtual coin toss should be arranged (details in Q&A below) to decide who gets first choice in map striking and the loser of the toss will decide the order that the maps should be played.

Example:
    Team 1 wins coin toss
    Team 1 strikes off Uncle Tully's
    Team 2 strikes off Grenade III
    Team 1 strikes off Steel Peel

Maps to be played:
    Ammo Mule
    Spunky Cola
    LazeRazor

Team 2 decides the order of play.

Q&A:

Q: How does the virtual coin toss work?
    A: If both teams are happy to trust RWM, you could simply ask one of the admins to perform the toss for you. The other solution is to use the virtual coin toss (VCT) available at http://cgi.cs.duke.edu/~des/vct/vct.cgi. Both teams would need to agree a time in the future at which to check the VCT, and also disclose the chosen time to a RWM admin.

Q: I'd like to play but I don't have a team, or I have a team of less than 6 people, can I still participate?
    A: Yes! Sign up here and if you leave the "Team Name" field blank we will try to match you up with people based in your region. Class diversity will also be taken into account when we create teams, so that we don't end up sticking 6 assassins together!

Q: What kind of prizes can we expect?
    A: We're still working on it, but the only thing we can say for sure if that there will be no cash prizes.

Q: How are subs handled? Can I use my starting 6 for the first map, switch out someone for the next map, etc.? Or is every team 6 unchanging people?
    A: You can do whatever you like, but we're probably only going to have prizes for 6 (though there will probably be multiple "things" which you guys could agree to share out somehow)

Q: If I've joined the RWM Mumble chat/Steam group/Skill Play before does that mean I am unable to sign up?
    A: No, we are only restricting players who are strongly associated with RWM. If you are still unsure, here's a checklist of things which would disqualify you:
    Donated to the community.
    Wear the RWM tag.
    Have played Panties.
    Have seen Aagren's penis.
    Have seen Robinson's nutsack.
    Have seen Myst's dress.
    Have seen Moose's sniper glove.
    Were shocked by Velijah's photo.
    Last edited: August 25, 2011
  2. salomdi

salomdi Active Member

ive seen robinsons nutsack due to your clan thread, does that count?
  3. Vlane

Vlane New Member

You have to have seen it on his stream. The forum doesn't count.
  4. salomdi

salomdi Active Member

OK good 8D

luckily i was in the middle of a match of MNC when it happened lol
  5. Awpteamoose

Awpteamoose Active Member

DER GONNA BE PRIZES! PEOPLE! Pointless play is over! PRIZES!
    Also, I haven't seen Robinson's nutsack on a stream and I don't wear the tag. Also, I rarely hang out in mumble, I'm mostly somewhere playing TF2. I'm not eligible RWM member Q_Q.
    Gonna go make a team. Sun Tzu said that. And then he beat the crap.
  6. sunnydove

sunnydove Member

I signed up the main FAP line-up.

Also, thanks a ton for organizing something like this. It is much appreciated. It kind of makes up for Vlane trolling all the time :roll:.
  7. Robinson

Robinson New Member

Considering you started the RWM mnc team I'm going to have to say **** you.

Also because I'm such a nice guy, I'll add a 5 steam-game gift to each of the winning team. (conversion rates are at the time of purchase you coin grabbers!)
  8. Awpteamoose

Just quoting it so you don't erase it when I will irritate you next time. That's the kindest thing anyone has said to me in 3 hours (last one was "OMG MOOSE YOU'RE A ****ING LEGEND" and I'm not joking).
    Also, I should stop derailing the thread and emphasize that THERE GONNA BE PRIZES GOD THATS THE BEST DAY OF MY LIFE.
  9. Robinson

Robinson New Member

I won't erase it. Check out my edit whore. And that's not even the official prize, that's just me being sexy.
  10. sunnydove

sunnydove Member

I assume you guys wouldn't mind if I made a video telling subscribers that own MNC to come check out this thread? I'm not sure how many of them don't come to the forums but I might be able to round up some more players.
  11. Robinson

Robinson New Member

100% not allowed.
  12. hobo-with-a-shotgun

hobo-with-a-shotgun Active Member

So wait...you mean...I could play a few games...where there AREN'T 3 assassins on my team?

Sign me up! I just want to participate for that alone.
  13. Polynomial

Polynomial Moderator Alumni

Not to be a negative Nancy but I'm not sure 72 people play this concurrently let alone getting 12 teams together...
  14. L-Spiro

L-Spiro New Member

We are holding a similar event here in Japan, and I dont play well enough on a high ping to be competitive so I wont be joining this event.

However, all Japanese servers have class limits (it is really killing the game here) and are not suitable for tournament play, so I was preparing to put up a new server in Japan. If you give me a location, I may put up another server and donate it to your tournament.

L. Spiro
  15. zodiark1234

zodiark1234 New Member

I'd sign up, but my work schedule is too erratic to give a solid time frame.
  16. Memorable

Memorable New Member

This. I have to agree. >_<
  17. trogdor5

trogdor5 New Member

This sounds awesome! Hopefully I can find a few people around online so I don't have to be with randoms.

Also, is there any system for seeding or will it just be random?

I might not understand something, but my impression from the original post was that the rounds would be played within a matter of days, not hours. In other words, only the two teams have to be signed on to play their match and then the winner of that match waits until the entire round (each match being played at a time convenient for the teams) is over before playing their next game.
  18. Robinson

Robinson New Member

Very true, but I know for a fact more than 72 people have played this game at some point, possibly to a competitive level (a lot of 6* for example), so what better way to try and push numbers back up than to hold a tournament? Aside from the obvious roll-back patches *cough cough*.
  19. verden

verden New Member

iApprove
  20. Awpteamoose

A NY server would be perfect, most EU's get around 100 there.