Interest in a competitive 6v6 tournament

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 Clans, Team, and Tournamen' started by SHStiger, February 7, 2011.

1. SHStiger

SHStiger New Member

Not sure if Fragged will run another tournament after this one concludes, but if they do, it'll likely be another 5v5 due to their whole system of optional refs. I'd be willing to set up a 6v6 tournament if there's enough interest for one.

If so, I'll hold sign-ups for a while and likely wait until March to begin the tournament. That will give Fragged's tournament time to end and Ed Coug's random team tournament should be winding down.

Would use most of the same rules as the Fragged one, though I may put up a poll to see if people are in favor of a slightly longer game length/no OT.

edit: Rushed to make the topic before I had to go to class. I'll go over a few basics of how it would work.

Differences from the Fragged Tournament

- Will be double elimination
    - Map order for rounds will be generated ahead of time, teams won't pick which maps they want to play.
    - First round of Winners Bracket/first two rounds of Losers Bracket will be best 2 out of 3. The three games will be selected from Lazer/Ammo/Grenade/Steel Peel. Spunky is sort of a wildcard map and could throw off the results on who the better team is in a best of three series.
    - Following rounds will be best 3 out of 5, all maps will be used in the event of the series going to the 5th game. I may take a poll regarding the use of Spunky in the tournament. If the majority of captains for each team decide to not use it, one of the maps will be played twice if necessary.

Seeding

- The winner of Grand Prize/zYn will get the first seed if they choose to enter, the runner-up getting 2nd seed.
    ---To be able to qualify for those seedings, they'll have to retain at least 3/5 of the members from the FN tournament. So say GP wins and then for whatever reason Shammas/Miracle drop Ace/Push/Sigmar for new members, they lose their seeding.
    - Other existing teams/new teams will be seeded by a random generator. I don't want to try to seed the #3-#12 seeds based on Fragged results since there was no loser's bracket to settle who was the best.

Hosting
    - In the best of three series, the lower seeded team will host the 1st match and the higher seeded team will host the 2nd/3rd matches.
    - In the best of 5 series, the higher seeded team will host the 1st match, the lower seed will host the 2nd/3rd matches, and the higher seed will host the 4th/5th matches.

Team setup

- Teams must have a minimum of 6 players and can have 3 substitutes.
    - No more than 2 of a class on a team in-game. No running a three Assault setup.

I'll edit in things as necessary if there is an interest in it.
    Last edited: February 7, 2011
  2. KnighT aM

KnighT aM New Member

Re: Interest in a 6v6 tournament after the FN one ends

Im down to play.
  3. OfficerFuttBuck

OfficerFuttBuck Active Member

I should make a SRS BISNES team and see how well it does in this.

Side note:

WAY TOO MANY TOURNAMENTS GOING ON
  4. SHStiger

SHStiger New Member

This tournament won't start until both the Fragged tournament is complete AND Coug's tournament is near completion. I understand people could have a hard time playing on multiple teams and getting games in. Plus I want to leave plenty of time for sign-ups, so this tournament will likely not start until at least early March.
  5. OfficerFuttBuck

Brink might as well be out by then.
  6. FB Zombie Chaos

FB Zombie Chaos New Member

*Throws in hat*
  7. SHStiger

SHStiger New Member

Brink doesn't come out until May.
  8. FB Zombie Chaos

FB Zombie Chaos New Member

Think there will be a lot of mnc players in Brink??
  9. KnighT aM

KnighT aM New Member

I know everybody i play with is waiting for brink.
  10. JON10395

JON10395 New Member

11. SHStiger

SHStiger New Member

Yes, I'm getting Brink too. But that's in May, so there's plenty of time to get this tournament in.

Enough Brink talk. More tournament relevant discussion.
  12. OfficerFuttBuck

Could have sworn they said March. Ah well.
  13. KnighT aM

KnighT aM New Member

It was april but got pushed back to may. but yea there is more than enough time to get this tourney in but Coug i believe is planning on another tourney as well so yall may need to collaborate if you wanna get both of them done.
  14. kckzi

kckzi New Member

Destiny would surely play, but find out what FN is doing for their next cup, if they are doing one at all. Depending on what FN does, get signups open ASAP. Coup's tourney is a completely different thing and isn't made up of real teams, so there is no reason to wait for that to be over.

Also, I think everyone and their mother is waiting for Brink. For some reason, I expect it to be a huge letdown just because it has been hyped SOOOO much. Hope I'm wrong though.
  15. SHStiger

SHStiger New Member

I'm not necessarily waiting for it to be over, but there are a pretty good amount of people that are on actual teams playing in that tournament. I'm simply going to let sign-ups run for a bit while Coug's tournament progresses.

I'll PM the admin of the Fragged tournament in a bit to see what their future plans are.

edit: I sent a message to DBL on Fragged, he's hoping to get another tournament going in a month or so. I linked him to this thread and bounced the idea of the next tournament being 6v6/double elimination.
  16. Miracle

Miracle New Member

good idea, GP would play.
  17. Bonecrusher

Bonecrusher New Member

im up for it... just one complaint over the last tourney
    dont think any team should get a buy
    IF theres not enough teams then it shouldnt go
  18. TOM12121112

TOM12121112 New Member

19. GRRRKILL

GRRRKILL New Member

Sounds great to me. I'm in!
  20. SHStiger

SHStiger New Member

So

Should I look to start a sign-up thread for this tournament now, or should we wait for Fragged/Uber to announce a new tournament?

If I run the tournament, we get complete say over how its run. But obviously no prizes.