Inspiration

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 General Discussion' started by TGO023, June 12, 2010.

1. TGO023

TGO023 New Member

I haven't been inspired to join a developer forum since the days of Hypnotix when they were making the Outlaw Sports games for Xbox...and then EA gobbled them up and had them make Arena Football games. :x

*sigh* What I wouldn't give for next gen Outlaw Golf/Volleyball.

Anyhoo...after lurking around the Uber Ent forums for the past week, I sense the same kind of spirit here that Hypnotix had. You guys like to make games that, above all else, are just flat out fun to play. Fun action, fun characters, fun visuals. But you also blend in gameplay depth for the gamers that want to dig into it. It is a remarkable balance you seem to be bringing together.

I haven't bought an arcade title in ages. Barring some catastrophe, I'll have plenty of points ready to go when MNC releases.

P.S. - This game is screaming for post release DLC, so I hope the community can do it's part to support that.

Game on.

Damn! Forgot to ask my question. What games inspired the dev team along the way, especially along the lines of the characters.
  2. neutrino

neutrino low mass particle Uber Employee

I think everyone on the dev team has brought different inspiration to the project. Creatively we draw from a plethora of sources. The main thing is the process we use to create the gameplay which is simple iteration. Try something out, play it, make changes based on feedback, rinse, repeat.

Also not taking yourself too seriously really helps. We can draw from anywhere because it just has to be fun and funny. We aren't making military simulations ;)
  3. Col_Jessep

Col_Jessep Moderator Alumni

Thank the gods for that! If there is one thing the world doesn't need it's another WW II FPS! =P
    Not taking yourself too serious works great if you have talented developers and a game that fits. I love what you did with the endorsements and names like 'Jack-Bot', it really adds to the game. Hopefully it isn't watered down too much in the localizations, that would be a shame.
  4. TGO023

TGO023 New Member

Thanks for the reply neutrino.

Another quick question...who is doing the music for the trailers? I'm digging it, and clearly you have a FOX Sports fan on staff. The beginning is almost a dead ringer for their NFL music.
  5. neutrino

neutrino low mass particle Uber Employee

6. TGO023

TGO023 New Member

The guys at Monarch have a pretty impressive list of projects they've worked on. Thanks for the link.