*** *** Ins

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 General Discussion' started by tezmac, August 28, 2010.

1. tezmac

tezmac New Member

What's all this about assassins being too good, too annying etc?

I am a gunner and I rarely get grappled by Pro-gremlins usually my Minis have gunned them down, or if one is stupid to grapple my max-armour has enough defence to allow me to slam the turf, stun, and then pile into them with my Minis!

Really, I am not sure why people seem to go on about these Assasins, I say adapt your skills accordingly.
  2. Vinticus

Vinticus New Member

I think most people's problem with assassins is that there are too many really bad ones on their team who don't know how to properly use it.

btw, I think a level 3 passive assassin will still OHK backstab a gunner with gold armor.
  3. faits

faits New Member

Oh man I killed so many gunners tonight with my shuriken.

It was hilarious.
  4. tezmac

tezmac New Member

Agreed.

It must just be me as a Gunner! I always seem to spot the Predoator-esque invisibilty cloak better than most players as I rarely get grappled!

In saying that I do play the game (ie defend and attack the bases) as opposed to simply roaming round trying to think I am good by only going for a good K/D ratio
  5. Rawfulll

Rawfulll New Member

I love deployed gunners. Free kills with the shuriken <3.

Also, you must be playing some pretty terrible assassins, which there are a lot of.
  6. OptiMAT

OptiMAT New Member

Yep, it's more the real bad non-contributing ones that are the issue. Any Assassin that saves me from a tough Support/Tank combo instead of hunting down one lonely Sniper makes top marks in my books. Also any Assassin I see actually pushing a lane.
  7. jovial1

jovial1 New Member

I can't imagine NOT pushing lanes as an assassin. Most bots are just easy money, especially if you get behind them.

I play a fair bit of both Assassin and Gunner - and my goal as both is to help a push into the other team's base via lane-pushing and turret demolition. I still haven't tried the cloaking crit-shurikens of doom in that regard, but I'm starting to use the flash grenade to go after bigger game sans-juice after reading about that tactic on these forums.

But there are definitely a lot of bad assassins. No idea what some of them are actually doing.
  8. Konner

Konner New Member

I always try to play with a party so I don't have any Lemmings on my team.
  9. VawnOTheDawn

VawnOTheDawn New Member

I remember the moment I first discovered that, while the gunner's mini does less damage form afar, my shuriken do not.

It was a happy day.
  10. FiercelyFuzzy

FiercelyFuzzy New Member

You would be short work for my friend. You can't just slam the ground after he grapples, it is to obvious! He ALWAYS jumps it because the Gunner is all "Mus smash butten to do de slam!" and just gets lunged after his slam fails.
  11. tezmac

tezmac New Member

Hmmm not really mate. I can say that I would not be "short work" for you......

You must assume that every Gunner has the same simple mindset. I plan my slams just right. It has worked as part of my strategy for well over 50 games, which means surely I must have met decent Assassins along the way. It is true that you only need to jump instantly to avoid the slam, but I plan my slam so that when the Assassin lands from his escape-jump it hits him then........

Anyway this is all based on if an Assassin actually gets the grapple....
  12. Rawfulll

Rawfulll New Member

smoke bomb says hi btw :)
  13. tezmac

tezmac New Member

lol good comeback!
  14. obscurement

obscurement New Member

I don't know if it's my connection, but I get slammed/grappled before I can get my smokebomb jump off.

What's the bigger game sans-juice tactic?
  15. Rawfulll

Rawfulll New Member

You can get grappled while you're smoke bombing, but I'm pretty sure it negates slams.