Increase player count?

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Wishlist' started by Sp00nMan, February 1, 2011.

1. Sp00nMan

Sp00nMan New Member

Would be nice in the future for us PC folks to maybe make the level a little larger then increase player count to 10v10 or something.. That would be epic :)
  2. Mibuwolf

Mibuwolf New Member

Could have put this in wishlist section. :|

Maybe when there will be custom maps, but don't expect something like this soon. Also, once it becomes 10v10, people will start asking for 16v16 or something. People always want more.
  3. Sp00nMan

Sp00nMan New Member

More is better! 32v32 funfest :)

Moderators, can you move this to wishlist forum? Thanks!
  4. Lorenzo Von Matter

Lorenzo Von Matter New Member

What I always wanted, more bad assassins trying to grapple me!
  5. racquemis

racquemis New Member

unlikely anyone would be so crazy to host a dedicated server with that large amount of player, any idea how much bandwidth a server already uses in 24 hours with 12 players :lol:
  6. alanebro82

alanebro82 New Member

No, how much? (Serious question, not a troll)
  7. racquemis

racquemis New Member

currently with 4 server instances running on one machine around 30 Gigabytes a day
    with a bandwidth limit of 1000 a month, i come real close to the limit at around 850 Gigabye a month.
  8. rustyangel

rustyangel New Member

Another Issue with this is the lag, and system requirements. In order to balance out more players, there would have to be more bots, more bots, means more network traffic and more inhumane treatment of processors. I remember during beta they reduced the amount of bots to help test the network and system performance, and if your jacking up the player count, then you'll need to beef up the number of bots as well, and God only knows what that would do to servers and clients.
  9. Col_Jessep

Col_Jessep Moderator Alumni

Topic moved to wishlist.
  10. Caliostro

Caliostro New Member

No thanks. More players would get too cluttered. Maps and classes were not designed for 10 vs 10 or worse. The more players you added the more you'd reward spam classes (Assault, Tank), or DPS/sustained damage classes (Gunner).
  11. Cedar Tree

Cedar Tree New Member

Absolutely 100% against this. Luckily, I highly doubt it will ever happen (thank god.)