[In-Game] Roster

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Wishlist' started by edrev, January 16, 2011.

1. edrev

edrev New Member

Hej again,

you know the roster at the beginning.
    i would like to see the name of the Player below the choosen class

----------
    Example:

[ TANK ] | [ SNIPER ] |[ TANK ] | [ SUPPORT ]
    ...bulli.........roxor........edRev............ty
    ----------
    Last edited: January 16, 2011
  2. MikeyTWolf

MikeyTWolf New Member

Re: [In-Game] Roaster

I'd also like to be able to see the other team picking their classes, so I can stop having to miss the first spawn wave or having to jump off the map just to change class to an appropiate one.

Of course, would also help if people didn't sit there ******* AFK without picking a class for 10 minutes wasting a slot in your team, only for them to pick a class you already have at least 2 of and isn't going to help very much, like another gunner or sniper. FFS.
  3. Pluberus

Pluberus New Member

Can't you already see what class everyone chooses? After you choose your class, just hit Esc then Tab. It'll bring up the scoreboard with everyones names and their chosen class (just look at the icons).

/Sidenote - Since the name of the thread says Roaster, I thought you were suggesting a new tool like the annihator. Lights everyone in the area on fire. :lol:
  4. Col_Jessep

Col_Jessep Moderator Alumni

Hmm, BACON!
  5. edrev

edrev New Member

hm, sounds like a ( little inconvenient ) alternative..

/Sidenote : ups. i'm sorry to deceive your hopes:p
  6. MikeyTWolf

MikeyTWolf New Member

Except that still doesn't help. You can't open the class choice screen once you've picked a class and change accordingly, and you can't close the line of team members without picking a class first from what I saw. So you can't see what the other team is picking until you remove that bar after picking your class, and if you need to change to counter their team you still have to commit suicide just to bring up the class change screen.

Dunno why the hell you can't just bind a button to change class and pick one before you get sent to the respawn queue.
  7. zarakon

zarakon Active Member

I figured that was done intentionally, to make you pay a price if you want to counter-pick
  8. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

I guess there is no "back" button on the PC? :lol:

but yeah the Tab button works.
  9. MikeyTWolf

MikeyTWolf New Member

The point is this is BEFORE you spawn for the first time, when you can't pick your class in advance according to the other team's layout. No point having a sniper if they're all assaults and assassins.

The problem is I was specifying is that you can't change your class until you suicide after first spawn. You can open the scoreboard with tab before your team classes bar turns up, but after that Tab won't work until you pick a class and close it, and then you can't change class after that. And even then, asides from the few random players who seem to pick sniper BEFORE THE MAP LOADED, people don't change class on the scoreboard until their first spawn.