In game commentary

Discussion in 'Support!' started by GreenBag, June 26, 2013.

1. GreenBag

GreenBag Active Member

Some players are doing ingame commentary,
    So they destroy their commander at the start and commentate the whole game.
    I've just experienced a youtube clip of a player being respectful and quiet, whilst musings his thoughts on individual strategies. To those that are doing this you're doing a great job.
    You don't give away weaknesses or locations and it is a really nice feeling to have someone else watching your strategy compliments without your knowing until after.
    So thanks guys
  2. l3tuce

l3tuce Active Member

Yeah, it's fun, esp when they tell you where to find the enemy base. Not so much when there left and your left are reversed though :lol:
  3. GreenBag

GreenBag Active Member

I don't think it's fair to give away location. But otherwise I agree
  4. l3tuce

l3tuce Active Member

Not unfair, I still lost lol.
  5. Gryttakoff

Gryttakoff New Member

Commentating the game so all the players hear? Are they commentating like it's an esport (e.g. Starcraft commentaters) or what? I've always been interested in commentating games and this sounds intriguing :D
  6. GreenBag

GreenBag Active Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KB5k8s020II should say it all, I tried out how to do t1 tank rushes in an economical build. I felt the commentator was very neutral throughout the game
  7. Gryttakoff

Gryttakoff New Member

Cool. I'm probably going to try this out myself. Have done some casting myself with other games (Heroes of newerth and Starcraft 2) but on a purely amateur level. Also I love high-end players but can't get myself to that level myself but can usually read tactics and see what's going on looking at the big picture. I also like voice acting so commenting suits me well.

But I need to know the game fairly well first obviously, so I guess I gotta play some PA. Curses!
  8. GreenBag

GreenBag Active Member

Are you calling me a high end player? I'm blushing
  9. Gryttakoff

Gryttakoff New Member

Well I didn't mean it that way but sure hehe. I can't say anything yet since I don't know the game and it's mechanix. What I meant was that I like casting high-end players, have no clue how that's like right now though.
  10. GreenBag

GreenBag Active Member

Check out godde in the backers forum under gentlemen rules currently he's the player to beat
  11. thekiller666

thekiller666 Active Member