Improvements still needed to PA:TITANS

Discussion in 'PA: TITANS: General Discussion' started by emraldis, August 30, 2015.

1. emraldis

emraldis Post Master General

Here is a list of things that need improvement in PA:TITANS. I'm staying away from subjective things like balance.

General Gameplay:
    -Hotkeys, they need to be much better in vanilla. Look at hotbuild, then do that.
    -Pathing, with the new terrain features, pathing has become a bit wonky again. Especially on planets with a large number of the new CSG's.
    -Orbital units. Need more of them, vary it a bit more. Great start though!
    -Orbital structures. Need more of them. Actually, turn a bunch of the existing orbital units into structures. Basically anything that's a satellite should probably be a structure. (solar array, railgun platform, radars, etc.)

System Editor:
    -Needs stability work, less deleting all placed CSGs after they've been placed and the system has been saved.
    -Needs more CSGs. I'd like to see a bunch of Cliff-only shapes (natural and artificial), some ramp CSGs that are just the ramp, in varying sizes and lengths, as well as some cliffless plateau and valley shapes with abrupt edges that we can add cliffs onto. All this would give map makers a HUGE amount of freedom.
    -Would be nice to be able to visualize pathing again, I know that used to be a thing, but would be SUPER helpful for map making.

Will add more as I think of things, feel free to comment.
    doud and Antiglow like this.
  2. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

The UI needs to be more powerful and less cluncky in general.
    For example the Queue UI. Make it like it is in SupCom.
  3. temeter

temeter Well-Known Member

A minor gripe from me, the UI feels a bit slow in places. E.g. the drag selection box is a bit sluggish, buttons seem to take a few milliseconds to react.

You now, just a bit nitpicking from an SC2 player.
  4. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

I'm assuming you mean starcraft 2 not supcom 2.... In which case wtf are you doing clicking buttons?! I thought you guys were hotkeys hotkeys hotkeys :p
  5. temeter

temeter Well-Known Member

Yeah, Starcraft 2 obviously. I can assure you tho, we're klicking just as much as we are hammering buttons. Almost.

Thing with a game like PA is that you can't reach the speed in the first place, because you need to move the camera and zoom a lot, compared to SC2, where you either klick minimap, use better location hotkeys or a supersensitive MMB scroll.
    Scrolling btw is part of the things that aren't 100% as smooth as I'd like it. It's a bit sluggish. I'd argue that's actually much more important, considering how much you scroll around in a game like PA.

Reminds me I need to check out the hotkey-mod, didn't use that one for a while.

edit: Have to check stuff ingame to write out something more specific than a vague complaint...
    Last edited: August 30, 2015
    cdrkf likes this.
  6. mered4

mered4 Post Master General

Also, can we please fix units sucking at firing onto different levels of terrain from range? Sniper bots especially. I won AND lost a game today because of sniper bots missing a ton.
    doud, emraldis and stuart98 like this.
  7. aevs

aevs Post Master General

Not a big deal, but am I the only person still bothered by the fact we've been using a placeholder model for metal points since alpha?
    Remy561, nateious, theseeker2 and 5 others like this.
  8. igncom1

igncom1 Post Master General

Only on metal worlds.
  9. squishypon3

squishypon3 Post Master General

Same thing with the trees, apparently every tree is supposed to represent a forest. ;P
  10. felipec

felipec Active Member

As long as PA keeps selling, the game will keep improving over time! =)
    maxcomander and stuart98 like this.
  11. MrTBSC

MrTBSC Post Master General

multiunittransports, carrier, factory assisting and ferry's ...
    Last edited: August 31, 2015
    doud, ace63 and Elate like this.
  12. emraldis

emraldis Post Master General

What do you mean by factory assisting and carrier? The other things I can totally get behind though.

Also on a side note, I'd like to add having a "brush" tool for the system editor. Being able to paint biomes, or at least smaller terrain features such as rocks and trees would be awesome!
  13. MrTBSC

MrTBSC Post Master General

assign a transport to a factory that transport will send any unit produced to the rallypoint of the factory

carriers .. orbital aircraftcarriers unlike the typhoon that actualy transport aircraft to other planets ..
    doud and noobymcnoobcake like this.
  14. easybox

easybox Member

Units can not be destroyed by its own artillery? It reminds me of "Supreme Commander 2". :confused:
    Last edited: September 1, 2015
  15. Engineer1234

Engineer1234 Well-Known Member

Sweeping beam weapons, stealth units, shields ? aircraft that fly less derpy, abilities that modify a variable on the target like "make slow" "make invisible" "make visible" "stun" "change side?".
    burntcustard likes this.
  16. mered4

Artillery is barely what you would call artillery in PA. It shouldn't kill your own units.
  17. easybox

easybox Member

Why not? Because it's realistic? Ok, i'm a TA oldfag:(.
    stuart98 likes this.
  18. mered4

Because this isn't TA or SupCom.
  19. easybox

easybox Member

I see no reason why the artillery should not be able damages everything it hits. It provides ambience and simulates physics.
    Last edited: September 1, 2015
    stuart98 and ace63 like this.
  20. mered4

Fine. All bullets should have friendly fire by that reasoning.
    stuart98 likes this.