I'm looking for practice partners or good clan (Matiz here)

Discussion in 'Looking For A Clan' started by matizpl, January 8, 2014.

1. matizpl

matizpl Well-Known Member

Hello, as the title says I would like to find some good people to practice with. I'd also like to get in touch again with my old friends from supreme commander 1. I've read that Ridley and ColaColin play this game too, if you read this contact me on skype el_polaco_
    I was pretty good in supcom and i've been playing starcraft 2 very competitvely (I was coach in prohouse and top30 on EU server) I want to commit to PA because of sentiment to supcom and my hatred to protoss, forcefields and all that jazz. If there are any good clans (but like really good) msg me on skype
    I play in CET, its +1 or +2 gmt i believe
    Cheers!
    Last edited: January 9, 2014
    Clopse likes this.
  2. mishtakashi

mishtakashi Active Member

Some helpful info might be which time zone are you in for people to play regularly with you
    Last edited: January 22, 2014
  3. sebs303

sebs303 New Member

Yeah ;) Same here ... 1on1, 2on2 and 5vs5 is my main interest
  4. Clopse

Clopse Post Master General

Some wise guy once told me clans were so 1990's. :D
  5. matizpl

matizpl Well-Known Member

haha yeah I still think so, I wrote this post before i knew anyone that i could play with :p
    archcommander likes this.
  6. reptarking

reptarking Post Master General

7. josephstabile

josephstabile New Member

IKON GAMING zombie and I will be in PA chat pretty much all day. we have a lot of players from Canada but most are american. you can just join the team speak and hang out, if you decide to become a member we can tell you how to make an application. You dont need to be a member, to play with us or be in the team speak, but to have a rank in the server, and to have the clan tag [iG] you must be a member.

This is the team speak server IP there is no password -- ts53.gameservers.com:9276
  8. gunshin

gunshin Well-Known Member

That depends on what you consider 'good'. If you are looking at 1v1s, godde is clanless i think, neptunio is afk (kinda), clopse is supposed to be part of vws(looks like the only member) and colin is a part of VoW. I plan on getting into this game a lot more, and will be far more active. Cant let godde take all my moniez. Anyways, im part of ballistic logistics, and we have a decent amount of EU players (including me).

Realm have a lot of players, a lot. But the majority (sorry to be blunt like usual) are not very good at the game. They dont have any great players either (sorry gandalf but you need to start beating me regularly before i acknowledge it).

So at the end of the day, you have 3 clans with the 'best' players in them (BL, VWS, VoW), and you have the realm which is arguably the strongest clan for team games.
  9. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

A bit overconfident aren't we gunshin? I'd point out that its a bit premature to declare who the 'good' players are with a game in such an unfinished state. We have players that are good with the current mechanics, and undoubtedly come from a strong on-line rts background in similar games. Unless said players were one of the top in their previous games it's unlikely they will sit at the top of the PA rankings once everyone gets in on it however. Godde I know from Spring and he is one of the better players in there (one of a number of players that are 'up there' however). I myself have won a fair few TA and Spring tourneys in my time although I've not really had the time to put into PA to get 'good' at it yet (and I don't really see the point until we have a stable release version of the game).

I'd also add that there are many new players joining the game who could quickly surpass the current crop of 'pro' players... I think it's a bit early to declare any winners!
  10. Clopse

Clopse Post Master General

cRaw is neptunio. VWS is dead but stall it for some craic.
  11. gunshin

Sure, i didnt say that the top players will always be the best. But currently, its incredibly clear who the top is. I couldnt care wether you think im confident or arrogant, but i say it how it is.

You say that promethean has some good players, yet i couldnt even name 1 player because none of you ever seem to play the game or any tournaments and end with a top placement.
  12. Quitch

Quitch Post Master General

Aw yeah, clan trash talk. Bitches we be partying like it's nineteen ninety something!
  13. cdrkf

Whoa, slow down there. I didn't say anything about how good or otherwise Promethean players are... I think your attitude is poor to be honest. You've basically written off a huge group of players as being 'no good' (the whole of Realm for starters, I can think of a few players who'd take issue with you there?!).

It was this very aggressive attitude and insistence on pigeon holing everyone that stopped me from getting into Supcom on-line. We should be encouraging players into the competitive scene not putting everyone down.

I guess skill is a matter of perspective but I'd point out there are allot of worthwhile opponents already playing the game. There is a small handful of people who are very active in the 'competitive' scene however given how immature PA is as a game I don't think you can read into it that much.
  14. Quitch

There needs to be less talk and more 1v1ing with PAStats enabled so we can build a decent number of games for the rankings. Right now an RLM player is top, but I don't think anywhere near enough games have been played to have confidence in those ELO numbers.
  15. gunshin

The only people i lose to are godde, colin and clopse. If the people who are offended by me calling them bad at the game want to man up and play me to prove otherwise, ill play. Otherwise, they can stay offended for all i care. The proof is in the pudding, and the only way you can know that is by eating it.
  16. gunshin

Ill be playing a lot more again now that coursework is over, cant let godde take all my winnings.
    Quitch likes this.
  17. Quitch

Good, because I don't want to see any more of this

Look at that amazing terrain setup! Look what a perfect confrontation this is setting up for. Look... at the throws? WTF?
  18. cdrkf

That doesn't give you free reign to trash talk everyone. I don't ever recall seeing Godde or Clopse chest beating like this, and I'm more than happy to give you a game sometime.
  19. gunshin

It does give me free reign, because its nothing more than trash talking. There are some really awesome people in the realm, but it doesnt mean they are any good at the game.
  20. cdrkf

My issue is that why do you get to decide the level at which someone is considered 'good'?

I would argue that there is a much larger proportion of players in the 'good' category. What you're saying is "only these players are consistently better than me" which is an entirely different statement.