IM IN CLOSED BETA OF HEROS OF THE STORM!!!

Discussion in 'Unrelated Discussion' started by nuketf, February 6, 2015.

1. nuketf

nuketf Active Member

YES YES YES YES YES YYYEEESSSS!!!!!!!!! :):):):):):):):):):):):)
  2. kvalheim

kvalheim Post Master General

Couple of friends of mine are in it, but I'm just kinda passing interest in it right now. Not a huge Blizz fan in terms of their characters anyway so it was never a HUGE deal for me XD Although they'd better add Whitemane.
  3. nuketf

nuketf Active Member

i have been wanting to play it aver seince it started being creative! i am very honored blizzerd picked me!
  4. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

So what is heros of the storm?
    Do I live behind the moon?

careful it is a space station and my annihilazers are ready to fire
    stuart98 likes this.
  5. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

it's lol but with blizzard characters.

lowest cashgrab blizzard have ever gone for.

there is no shame in not having heard of it. this will hopefully be a small ripple in the gamer world.
  6. nuketf

nuketf Active Member

http://us.battle.net/heroes/en/
  7. kvalheim

It's Blizz so it'll likely get a steady base at the least. I don't think it's the right way of going about making a new MOBA (Because I don't think we need ANY more MOBAs that are in the same old RTS-Style of gameplay) but eh, if people enjoy it go for it.
    tatsujb likes this.
  8. tatsujb

i see the drawings are coming along. :p
  9. kvalheim

(If you mean my avatar, you haven't seen the half of the dumb **** I drew last night .-.)
  10. tatsujb

well i'd love to
  11. blightedmythos

blightedmythos Active Member

It's fun but lacks a lot of depth. It's a bit too simplistic for me with the lack of items. I do like how there isn't really a meta or lane you are forced to go to. It's more fun with friends for sure.

I've been pretty disappointed with Blizzards new direction of over simplifying their games for casuals. They murdered Diablo 3 when they removed skill trees, made boring legendary, and gave it the worst forgettable story.
  12. arseface

arseface Post Master General

Good to hear from this end. I still hate RTS control schemes for games where you control a single unit, but I'm glad the genre is making progress.
  13. blightedmythos

Would you rather use wsda or something? I like being able to move around and look at other fights or heroes but you can always lock your camera on your hero if you want.

If you like wsda controls you might enjoy the deadisland moba. It's actually pretty fun and isn't too pay to win or grindy.
    arseface likes this.
  14. arseface

arseface Post Master General

Apparently the Dead Island moba was made by the BLC people. That means good things for combat, bad things for the payment model, and worse things for the playerbase.

I looked at it and while I can pretty much be certain that I wouldn't like it, I can also be certain I'd dislike it less than most dota inspired games.
  15. kvalheim

Someone gifted me the Dead Island MOBA and I haven't really had any interest in installing it or even moving it out of the default game category.

Streamlining and simplification works for SOME genres.
    It's worked a LOT for Blizz with the CCG thing in Hearthstone - and as much as I don't really care for Heroes, the whole sort of MOBA/Hero Lanepusher genre has a LOT of room for creating a MUCH more accessible game, as long as it can provide enough challenge at high level.

Never played Diablo though, not for more than a few mins. I just don't enjoy that genre much.
  16. blightedmythos

Dead Island moba is actually pretty fun and isn't to bad in the pay to win department.

Hearthstone is probably Blizzards best game recently. I'll agree that the card genre needed to be more accessible. It gets boring pretty fast though with no 2v2.

Diablo 2 was amazing you missed out!
  17. kvalheim

Most I've played were the Torchlight games, and they were alright but got a bit repetitive.