Iimitations on new user forum accounts.

Discussion in 'Uber Entertainment Discussion' started by lokiCML, September 3, 2013.

1. lokiCML

lokiCML Post Master General

What are the limitations on new user account? I know one of them is not being able to put a link in post. Is there any other? why? it would be nice to have in the help section limitations there. And the new forum is awesome. :)

Thank you & have a explosive annihilation.
    Last edited: September 3, 2013
    mkrater likes this.
  2. LennardF1989

LennardF1989 Uber Contractor

We rather not discuss them, for obvious reasons.
  3. lokiCML

Okay fine but why would it left you in one post make links to other sites. For an example you make a post trying to help somebody out it linking to the thread in this forum. Also having a link linking to steam's forum. Currently you get a missing student new users can have multiple links in the post.

I never wanted to know the administrative stuff. Just when no if it were any more things that a new user couldn't do. As the aforementioned linking issue.

Thank You.
    Last edited: September 3, 2013
  4. LennardF1989

I can probably whitelist some links if need be, you make a good point about not being able to link even threads hosted on this very forum.

However, what I meant was we rather dont discuss which anti-spam measures are in place because when we do we literally give spammers a manual as to what they don't have to try.
  5. lokiCML

6. mkrater

mkrater Uber Alumni

I often refer users with technical issues to the Forums as you guys have been so helpful and knowledgeable. It would be nice if a new user could post, but I understand the anti-spam measures.
  7. LennardF1989

They can, no worries, they just can't use links for a while, but I'm going to work on something so we can flag people as safe or something so they are not affected by anti-spam countermeasures.
    mkrater likes this.
  8. jbeetle

jbeetle Well-Known Member

like someone with X amount of posts is allowed to say "this guy is legit?"
  9. JammySTB

JammySTB Well-Known Member

X should be 8500.
  10. garat

garat Cat Herder Uber Alumni

It's not very many posts. It's not changing. :)

Be part of the community for more than a day or two, and you'll be fine. If you only login to create one or two posts ever, I'm confident you can live within the limitations of the system.
  11. Daddie

Daddie Member

12. IGuardian

IGuardian New Member

It's getting the balance right.

End of the day, if your users are being confused/having problems asking for help, they will not be best please. e.g. I have had lots of my posts that contained no links at all, blocked with a rather useless error. (Error needs to explain what post content is actually a problem)

Related issue: When people ask about how to post/they have issues, the answer is normally please pm me. Most forums have a PM button, this one has "Start conversation" which can be a little confusing. (One user has posted publicly on LennardF1989's account instead of starting a PM, would have sucked if the message had a CD key in it for example.)

Sorry if the quality of this post is not "great" it seems the only time I get to post on here at the moment is when I am about to fall asleep:p

~IGuardian
  13. mkrater

mkrater Uber Alumni

I'll be honest, I wish there was a PM button as well :oops:
  14. JammySTB

JammySTB Well-Known Member

I can't imagine it would be difficult to make it say "Send a PM" instead of "Start a conversation".
  15. IGuardian

IGuardian New Member

Add one?