1. donut7577

donut7577 Active Member

Uber releasing something before it's ready? What a twist. =^)
  2. Atok

Atok Member

...are you implying SMNC all over again?
  3. mostuniqueusername

mostuniqueusername Member

Wow, **** this guy.

> I had this awful realization as I got into Planetary Annihilation: I hated the planets. .. That's some seriously bad news for a game whose main feature is the fact that it's an RTS that plays out across entire solar systems...

The only way in which that is "bad news" for the GAME is because he's not reviewing it for how good it is at being what it is meant to be, he's judging it as someone who is not interested in the concept and then IGN is making that their official review of the game.

It's like someone who is allergic to seafood reviewing Red Lobster and saying "the food made me very sick" and then Zagat making that their official stance on Red Lobster.
  4. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

Steamcharts has DLC on because it's on the steam store, but it can't track player counts for DLC. Every single DLC on steam will have a player count of 0.
    squishypon3 likes this.
  5. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

holy **** PA's now racking in as much players on average as FAF! 800 avg!
    brianpurkiss, squishypon3 and optimi like this.
  6. squishypon3

squishypon3 Post Master General

Plus the people who bought the game at retail or on the Uber store. :D
  7. elkanfirst

elkanfirst Active Member

I don't know. Do you think it's a lot of players?

I'm new to this kind of metrics, but watching in here it seems to me that PA is pretty much behind: http://www.steamcharts.com/

Right now PA is 130th, just behind Torchlight II (which I've never heard of) - Page 6.
  8. qwerty3w

qwerty3w Active Member

Since PA don't have a offline mode at the moment, it's not fair to compare to its online player count to FAF's. 90% of the RTS players never play multiplayer games according to someone at GPG.
  9. squishypon3

squishypon3 Post Master General

Steam charts don't take into account players who do not use Steam, all people using the Uber launcher and not Steam won't be counted at all towards the charts. :p

Yes, but even with FAF most players play ai games as far as I can remember, and I believe Pilot actually said that! (Not entirely sure on it) Anyway, most games on PA are played vs AI as well. Just look at the replays section. :p
  10. Gerfand

Gerfand Active Member

wait, can I show one thing to you

its funny and the IGN part appers to be true now

Also many critics are dumb to call bad a thing that they didn't understand, or is diferent from what they are accustomed with!
    Last edited: September 21, 2014
  11. tatsujb

SOooo fu king good.
  12. ufarax

ufarax Active Member

The game was released without offline, we have no idea when it will arrive. We can only judge what we have.
  13. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

This is a thrown around fact, that albeit true, applies for PA as well, just without the steam tracking thing, so it applies to both, yet it is ALWAYS used by the side seeking to make it convinent.
    igncom1 and elkanfirst like this.
  14. qwerty3w

qwerty3w Active Member

I doubt most players who don't care about multiplayer would even heard of FAF, the single player games in FAF might be only a trivial part of all single player games in FA, while the single player games on steam are unlikely a trivial part for PA.
    Last edited: September 22, 2014
    elkanfirst likes this.
  15. tatsujb

welp. considering FAF has stuff like better graphics, better UI, survival maps, sorian AI for the campaign and co-op campaign, you bet your *** a lot of singleplayers are on there. :p
    squishypon3 likes this.
  16. qwerty3w

qwerty3w Active Member

Add-ons made by community could rarely be widely spread, or the PC games would have triumph over the console games already.
  17. schuesseled192

schuesseled192 Active Member

Doubtful. Unless the game developers list the mod on the vanilla software.
  18. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

19. qwerty3w

qwerty3w Active Member

20. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

You do know where DOTA came from? :p I was simply pointing out that this notion of 'console game market is bigger therefore PC gaming is niche' is just plain wrong. There are more gamers on PC, and there is more money spent on hardware. There is another article somewhere looking at hardware sales and PC gaming hardware is growing despite the overall declining sales in the PC space as a whole, an furthermore that PC gaming hardware sales vastly outstrip console hardware sales in value. We're not the minority anyone... welcome to the dark side! Haha.