*ideas* game mode types/spectator features *ideas*

Discussion in 'Backers Lounge (Read-only)' started by killzone5017002, April 4, 2014.

1. killzone5017002

killzone5017002 Active Member

So I have two game mode ideas in mind. I was thinking one without fog of war, and one where spawn points were limitless (would make things interesting)

So its just a basic idea for fun, try not to get too technical about it, having an RTS that is highly customizable is amazing. I hope PA will allow many options.

These are extras given without much thought, feel free to ponder upon them.

-Flat maps
    -Commander fab only (can build factories but not the fabricators)
    -Limited buildings/unit population (If pa made it mandatory to have a unit cap I would not be happy and I wouldn't have bought it.)
    -No defenses
    -No economy
    -Commander only (can build the usual besides factories OR you could allow him to build everything, besides factories as usual)
    -Complete annihilation (in order to win you must kill every last unit. Buildings wouldn't be units)
    -Complete sandbox mode (I know this is probably going to be added but just being on the safe side, im talking building things instantly without fabricators)
    -Tanks only/Air only/Bot only etc...
    -Speedy game (fabricators work faster depending on a scale) and/or (unit walk speed is faster depending on scale)

Thats about as much as I can think of for now. I have some spectator ideas
    -Being able to posses a unit and watch it first person (would make for some pretty awesome pictures)
    -Being able to control a unit (this is more of a gameplay thing but being able to run around in a unit first person, could make a game mode to where you could 1v1 someone else in a team deathmatch game or something!)
    -Being able to spectate what the person is doing/watching their cursor

Thats pretty much it.

*NOTE: Don't criticize these ideas to much. I am simply not demanding for them to be added as i'm aware that a majority of it is useless, just some fun ideas to think about.*
  2. spainardslayer

spainardslayer Well-Known Member

I would like to see some asymmetrical game types, like one team can only use booms and the other can only use commander. Or a tower defense type game where one team can't build units, just turrets and other defenses.

So many possibilities.
    killzone5017002 likes this.
  3. thelordofthenoobs

thelordofthenoobs Well-Known Member

= so many mods that will be made :)
    killzone5017002 and nawrot like this.
  4. killzone5017002

killzone5017002 Active Member

hopefully!
  5. Rippling777

Rippling777 New Member

What about Persistent map with commander respawning game mode, to make a small scale MMO experience. The game play would need some modding to make it fun.